These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Search history on Android

Post by jeenuv
I've noticed that Waze on Android doesn't display a search history. I.e. when I tap on the search box, it doesn't show a list of previous searches. Google Maps for example stores all my recent searches, so that I don't have to type in the whole shebang again to navigate to.

Is this unsupported in Waze, or have I not turned on the right options?
jeenuv

POSTER_ID:16936421

Send a message

Post by jcnina
Instead of that, Waze stores the recent drives you navigated to.
Also you can save them as Favourites
Why should we get searches we didn´t navigated to?
jcnina
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
jcnina
José Carlos Nina
URUGUAY

Post by jcnina
The hint is that Waze is not only a GPS which gives you a route to a place. It's a social GPS where you and other users record the route conditions on real time, so it can suggest you a better route to a point you navigate daily if there's a traffic jam...
jcnina
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
jcnina
José Carlos Nina
URUGUAY

Post by jeenuv
So I take it Waze doesn't do that.

That one searched for a place signifies a potential interest, and increased likelihood of repeated search and navigation. Hence Google Maps saves it, and appropriately so.

One can pose an argument as to why Waze shows place we already navigated to? I've already completed my journey, so why bother? It can go both ways.
jeenuv
Send a message

Post by jeenuv
Agreed. But I'm not sure what that's got to do with saving and displaying search history. It's all about storing a snippet of text that I previously searched for, so that I don't have to type in again. Efficient routing and all that comes much later.
jeenuv
Send a message