These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

police car tracking

Post by siilhhhi
Hi all! One idea for discussion and maybe for implementation too. If waser meets police car it is not lucky day always. So my idea is to give more information for all wasers in situation were user meets police car. I´ll describe 2 conditions.
1. Meet police car ahead of wasers car. Option to report "I´m fallowing police car"! This is huge impact to other wasers behind reporter (DO NOT TRY BYPASS POLICE!) and wasers who will be on front of police car (YOU WILL MEET POLICE CAR SOON!)
2. Meet police car on front of waser. In this case we need to report - police car driving on opposite way and I think it is useful to remind wasers between reporting point to next intersection that very angry police car is comeing. :)
siilhhhi

POSTER_ID:16965399

Send a message

Post by siilhhhi
heckmandm wrote:This has already been discussed in a lot of other forums. While I agree it would be cool to tag a moving target like this, there is a privacy issue with doing that. Plus I'm pretty sure that harling has a point, following around police vehicles (or tracking them by GPS) is interfering with law enforcement.

Just drive safely and the police shouldn't be an issue for ya. ;)
This is not just question of driving safe. :roll: Maybe it depends on country - is police car location secret information or not. In European countries I think it is not crime to fallow/meet police car. Maybe it is good idea to give themselves possibility to "mark yourself on map" by using Waze with special police car mode? 112 mode? At least ambulance car may use Waze quite well...!?
siilhhhi
Send a message