These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze + Pioneer Appradio + Galaxy S7 Issues

Post by Givemebreak73
Hello,

I have recently installed a Pioneer AVH X5800BHS double din appradio in hopes that I would be able to display Waze on it since it said it was supported but when I launch the app it becomes all pixelated. The screen is active, if you know where to push on the screen it does activate menu's, etc but it won't display correctly.

I have tested it with my wife's iPhone6 and it displays correctly, so it is definitely and issue with the Galaxy S7 and Waze.

I have contacted Pioneer on this issue but they say it's now up to Waze to fix it on their end?
Is this true? Is anyone else having this issue or are there any know fixes?

- Pioneer AVH X5800BHS is at the current firmware 8.18
- Waze version 4.18.0.1
- Galaxy S7 SM-930T Android 6.0.1

Screen Shots below and this was the reply from Pioneer

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

This is an issue with the Galaxy S7 series phones, Samsung changed the
video output.
We have resolved the issue with our AppRadio Live application.
We are waiting on Waze to update their application, to resolve the problem
with their application.

Rocky
Customer Service Representative"

Givemebreak73

POSTER_ID:17421804

Send a message

Post by alexxaeon
Have you tried using Navmii? It doesn't work with my S7E (I get the same butchered screen as pictured above), but if anyone else is having that same issue then we can see what Navmii has to say and the possibly bring it up to Pioneer.
alexxaeon
Send a message

Post by alexxaeon
Givemebreak73 wrote: Unfortunately we have no other options to try either.....I guess the GS7 and GS7e are just not going to be compatible with our radios, dumb.....
Sucks. I bought the radio specifically for that functionality. Maybe I'll just keep spamming Pioneer and see if they ever change their answer.
alexxaeon
Send a message

Post by alexxaeon
The last email I sent, I was told that the radio is not advertised to mirror Waze. They're blaming Waze and Navmii for the technical issues. I might email Navmii and see what they have to say.
alexxaeon
Send a message

Post by alexxaeon
Welp.... I'm on Verizon, so I'll be waiting a year for that update lol.

I wonder if Pioneer actually updated the app for Nougat, if not then I'll be expect more bugs from it.
alexxaeon
Send a message

Post by alexxaeon
AppRadioLive, as well as the App Radio launcher both display on mine (Marshmellow), but Waze and Navmii give me the issues. I haven't tried other apps, mainly because I'm not sure other apps I'd try with it.

I might just flash a beta Verizon edition onto my device to see if that fixes the issue. I haven't yet because I only have a Blackberry as a backup phone, and that was terrible to use xD
alexxaeon
Send a message

Post by alexxaeon
Glad you got a response. I never got anything from them. Pioneer tends to take up to a week to respond from my experiences.
alexxaeon
Send a message

Post by alexxaeon
I got the update, and everything works nicely now. I haven't tried Navmii yet, but AppRadioLive and Waze works as intended. Tried it on a hour drive and it worked through the whole thing.

Now if Pioneer actually integrated Google Play Music and Spotify in AppRadioLive and not just through the radio.
alexxaeon
Send a message

Post by Givemebreak73
I had put in a ticket to Waze and got a response, but unfortunately not a response to my issue and info on Andriod Auto which isn't something on my radio, so I am guessing we are SOL?

"Thanks for contacting Waze Support.

Thanks for your interest.

We are working making Waze available on Android auto for the near future. In the meantime, check out our demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_w4dJErU0.

Best regards,

The Waze Support team"
Givemebreak73
Send a message

Post by Givemebreak73
So Pioneer says its Waze, Waze says it Pioneer.......

SIgh....

"Thanks for contacting Waze Support.

Unfortunately, we don't currently support these systems. Please speak with your car's multimedia provider to resolve this issue.

Best regards,
The Waze Support team
"
Givemebreak73
Send a message