Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.19

Post by low_wh74
WAZE app version 4.19.0.3 for Android devices is released on 09 February 2017 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... waze&hl=en).

The features are:-

- Introducing Google Smart Lock for Waze: Never worry about remembering your Waze login details for your next phone. Opt-in to Smart Lock and you’re automatically signed in, with all your settings and points saved.
- Friends and Inbox have a new home: Now, see whether you have new inbox messages and Waze friends online in your Waze menu navigation list. If you do, tap to your My Waze screen to read them and see who’s there.

As usual, minor bug fixes and improvements

Previous tread: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.18
low_wh74

POSTER_ID:17117051

Send a message
Last edited by low_wh74 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by jibust
low_wh74 wrote:
jibust wrote:Not getting Planned Drives notifications on latest Android beta.

Verified and all the notification options are ticked and my phone was not in silent mode, or do not disturb.

Android 7.1.1.
You can check the configurations in the WAZE GPS app as below:-
1) Tap the Menu (magnifying glass icon) that is located at the bottom left corner.
2) Tap Planned drives option.
3) Tap the wheel icon that is located at the top right corner to open the Planned drives page.
4) At the Planned drives page, carry out the following configurations:-
(a) Enable Sync Calendar option.
(b) Tap Reminder type drop-down menu & select either Early reminders & Time to Leave option or Time to Leave only option.
(c) Tap Calendars drop-down menu & enable Calendar events options.
Thanks for the feedback, but I had already tried all those steps. I'll revert to the stable version to see if it works there.
jibust
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
eightball8 wrote:There is still an issue with the GPS not acquiring a signal. I can only use the app about half the time as it will not pull up my location. It will come close but is usually at least 1/2 mile off. I know it's not my phone as the other apps do not have a problem. I went through all the obvious actions/solutions through the help section but it still does it. I did look into the issue with the accelerometer permission suggestions but it doesn't show up as an option to turn it off on the list. Next?
If you see a red message of No GPS - Showing approximate location[/color] which is revealed at the top of your screen, your navigation is actually still functioning normally. But once you're in the area where the reception of GPS signal is good, you need not to worry anymore then.

You could refer to this URL (https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6273402) for solution. Alternatively, you can either restart your smartphone or using apps that fixes the reception of GPS signal.

Samsung Galaxy A5
Android version 6.0.1
low_wh74
Send a message
Last edited by low_wh74 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by low_wh74
eightball8 wrote:If you read my post I noted that I already tried the link you posted and tried all of the restarting of the phone/apps to fix the signal. It does not work. It is an obvious bug of the Waze app and needs to be submitted to the developers. This has been going on for a long time to a fair amount of users. The GPS signal is fine as the other apps work.
Perhaps you can try the procedures below to solve your problem (Note: This solution was mentioned by other Wazers in the previous Official Feedback Thread for Android postings):-
1) Uninstall the WAZE app.
2) Manually delete the "WAZE" folder in your smartphone.
3) Restart your smartphone & re-install the WAZE app.

Do also ensure that the latest Android version for your smartphone model (provided by the manufacturer of your smartphone) is installed.
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
out2late wrote:I am running Android 7.1.1 with Waze 4.19.0.3 and the location at the bottom right corner of the app where online friends would appear is no longer there. Instead there is blue drop-down button (swipe up does the same thing as the drop down). Anyone else having this issue?
There're 2 methods for knowing whether your Waze friend(s) is/are online:-

METHOD 1
1) Tap the Menu (magnifying glass icon) that is located at the bottom left corner.
2) If your Waze friend(s) is/are online, tap the message.
3) Tap My Friends to find out who is/are your Waze friends(s) currently driving using WAZE GPS app.

METHOD 2
Tap the human being icon on the WAZE map to find out who is/are your Waze friends(s) currently driving using WAZE GPS app.
The human being icon can be enabled as below:-
2) Tap the Settings wheel icon.
3) Tap Display & map option. Then, enable Show friends in map controls option.

The blue drop-down button (available during the navigation mode) is meant for:-
(a) Looking for the suggested alternative routes to the desired destination.
(b) Sharing your drive & ETA with your recipient(s).
(c) Stopping the navigation mode.
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
FloatSunNinja wrote:Hello all. When I was driving about 6h the app crashed 2 times, sending ETA works but reciver cannot see my drive in real time and the details panel expanded from botton panel works in 1/3 (see attach.).
All above appears after last update. My phone is LG d620r, android 6.0.1 cyanogenmod, polish.
Please review this bugs. I will also complain about removing right side bar - it was more useful than searching in settings for messages.
Perhaps you can try the procedures below to solve your problem (Note: This solution was mentioned by other Wazers in the previous Official Feedback Thread for Android postings):-
1) Uninstall the WAZE app.
2) Manually delete the "WAZE" folder in your smartphone.
3) Restart your smartphone & re-install the WAZE app.

Do also ensure that the latest Android version for your smartphone model (provided by the manufacturer of your smartphone) is installed.

With regards to your receiver who can't view your shared real-time driving route, they can carry out the procedures below in their WAZE GPS app to resolve their problem:-
1) Tap the Menu (magnifying glass icon) and then tap the Settings wheel icon.
2) Scroll down to look for the Notifications options.
3) Ensure that all options in the Notifications page are selected & tap the Save button which is at the end of the Notifications page.
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
vince1612 wrote:
CherylH770 wrote:Yes I can share it but you can't tell if he GOT it. Before you could immediately see he got it. Now I might as well just call him.

Just acknowledge this is terrible. Why have that arrow that does nothing?

It is a significant loss.
This change was done by staff to make room for another feature that will use the right side, so it is not a bug and won't be fixed.

After you send your ETA using the middle option in the ETA pop up window you get a confirmation pop-up saying that your ETA was sent and your navigation line will switch to a green line on the map. Those two things tell you that he got it.

I can aknowledge it is not as great for people who used the right side friends menu, if you want, but I'm just a community member, so in the end I can't speak on behalf of Waze.
Just to add another note.
Once you've shared your drive & ETA with your husband & subsequently if you hear "Friend is viewing your drive" message, it shows that your husband is watching your real-time drive.
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
eightball8 wrote:Should I be sending a debug log for the GPS issues I am having or not?
Yes. You can try (https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6262587).
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by low_wh74

Verified and all the notification options are ticked and my phone was not in silent mode, or do not disturb.

Android 7.1.1.
3) Tap the wheel icon that is located at the top right corner to open the Planned drives page.
(b) Tap Reminder type drop-down menu & select either Early reminders & Time to Leave option or Time to Leave only option.
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
jibust wrote:
low_wh74 wrote:

Android 7.1.1.
Thanks for the feedback, but I had already tried all those steps. I'll revert to the stable version to see if it works there.
You can download/install the latest Android version for your smartphone model that is provided by the manufacturer of your smartphone.
low_wh74
Send a message