Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.19

Post by
WAZE app version 4.19.0.3 for Android devices is released on 09 February 2017 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... waze&hl=en).

The features are:-

- Introducing Google Smart Lock for Waze: Never worry about remembering your Waze login details for your next phone. Opt-in to Smart Lock and you’re automatically signed in, with all your settings and points saved.
- Friends and Inbox have a new home: Now, see whether you have new inbox messages and Waze friends online in your Waze menu navigation list. If you do, tap to your My Waze screen to read them and see who’s there.

As usual, minor bug fixes and improvements

Previous tread: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.18

POSTER_ID:17117051

Send a message
Last edited by low_wh74 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by chakkday
Waze App version 4.19
Phone: Nexus 6p, Naugat 7.1.1

I think I started noticing it on Naugat Android 7.x.x only. I have Stay on top checked, but after I make or take a call, Waze tries to come back on top but then Phone app takes over and Waze goes in background.

is there a way to fix it? or is it a known issue?

Many thanks !
chakkday
Send a message

Post by chakkday
chakkday wrote:Waze App version 4.19
Phone: Nexus 6p, Naugat 7.1.1

I think I started noticing it on Naugat Android 7.x.x only. I have Stay on top checked, but after I make or take a call, Waze tries to come back on top but then Phone app takes over and Waze goes in background.

is there a way to fix it? or is it a known issue?

Many thanks !
Am I the only one facing this?
chakkday
Send a message

Post by CherylH770
Where did the button go when sharing a ride? I always send it to my husband and when he would look at it a 1 would be in the righthand box. Now it just does exactly the same thing as the middle.

Please fix this it is horrible!
CherylH770
Send a message

Post by CherylH770
Yes I can share it but you can't tell if he GOT it. Before you could immediately see he got it. Now I might as well just call him.

Just acknowledge this is terrible. Why have that arrow that does nothing?

It is a significant loss.
CherylH770
Send a message

Post by cm0818
I set a destination and added a stop but did not direct me to stop, just to final destination.
cm0818
Send a message

Post by cm0818
Gas prices only show up when your right next to station. Plus, adding a stop of gas station isn't sorted by distance
cm0818
Send a message

Post by Dwivian
I can tell this version to turn on an icon to show active friends (Settings, Advanced, Display and Map, Always show Map controls ON, Show Friends in Map Controls ON).

However, these only show seem to be available in portrait mode. Landscape doesn't show them properly. Yet another failure to keep things I got used to.....
Dwivian
Send a message

Post by eightball8
There is still an issue with the GPS not acquiring a signal. I can only use the app about half the time as it will not pull up my location. It will come close but is usually at least 1/2 mile off. I know it's not my phone as the other apps do not have a problem. I went through all the obvious actions/solutions through the help section but it still does it. I did look into the issue with the accelerometer permission suggestions but it doesn't show up as an option to turn it off on the list. Next?
eightball8
Send a message

Post by eightball8
If you read my post I noted that I already tried the link you posted and tried all of the restarting of the phone/apps to fix the signal. It does not work. It is an obvious bug of the Waze app and needs to be submitted to the developers. This has been going on for a long time to a fair amount of users. The GPS signal is fine as the other apps work.
eightball8
Send a message

Post by eightball8
The continued bug where GPS signal does not lock on is still there after this update. I have reported this after the last update and performed all the suggestions. My phone's GPS works as designed with my other apps but apparently is an issue with this app. This has been a long outstanding issue and with other users as well. I even performed deleting the app, manually deleting the folders on the phone, and restarting the phone. This worked for about a day but the app went back to the same bug.

Next?
eightball8
Send a message