Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.19

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.19

Postby low_wh74 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:25 pm

WAZE app version 4.19.0.3 for Android devices is released on 09 February 2017 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... waze&hl=en).

The features are:-

- Introducing Google Smart Lock for Waze: Never worry about remembering your Waze login details for your next phone. Opt-in to Smart Lock and you’re automatically signed in, with all your settings and points saved.
- Friends and Inbox have a new home: Now, see whether you have new inbox messages and Waze friends online in your Waze menu navigation list. If you do, tap to your My Waze screen to read them and see who’s there.

As usual, minor bug fixes and improvements

Previous tread: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.18
Last edited by low_wh74 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
low_wh74

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.19

Postby RogueViper101 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Smart lock not working for me. Tick the enable box brings up the Google save password window, confirming this doesn't appear to do anything. If you go back into the smart lock menu the tick box remains disabled.
RogueViper101

Waze app does not Stay On Top when using Phone call

Postby chakkday » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:53 am

Waze App version 4.19
Phone: Nexus 6p, Naugat 7.1.1

I think I started noticing it on Naugat Android 7.x.x only. I have Stay on top checked, but after I make or take a call, Waze tries to come back on top but then Phone app takes over and Waze goes in background.

is there a way to fix it? or is it a known issue?

Many thanks !
chakkday

Postby eightball8 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:11 pm

There is still an issue with the GPS not acquiring a signal. I can only use the app about half the time as it will not pull up my location. It will come close but is usually at least 1/2 mile off. I know it's not my phone as the other apps do not have a problem. I went through all the obvious actions/solutions through the help section but it still does it. I did look into the issue with the accelerometer permission suggestions but it doesn't show up as an option to turn it off on the list. Next?
eightball8

Postby low_wh74 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:37 pm

eightball8 wrote:There is still an issue with the GPS not acquiring a signal. I can only use the app about half the time as it will not pull up my location. It will come close but is usually at least 1/2 mile off. I know it's not my phone as the other apps do not have a problem. I went through all the obvious actions/solutions through the help section but it still does it. I did look into the issue with the accelerometer permission suggestions but it doesn't show up as an option to turn it off on the list. Next?

If you see a red message of No GPS - Showing approximate location[/color] which is revealed at the top of your screen, your navigation is actually still functioning normally. But once you're in the area where the reception of GPS signal is good, you need not to worry anymore then.

You could refer to this URL (https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6273402) for solution. Alternatively, you can either restart your smartphone or using apps that fixes the reception of GPS signal.

Samsung Galaxy A5
Android version 6.0.1
Last edited by low_wh74 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
low_wh74

Postby eightball8 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:41 pm

If you read my post I noted that I already tried the link you posted and tried all of the restarting of the phone/apps to fix the signal. It does not work. It is an obvious bug of the Waze app and needs to be submitted to the developers. This has been going on for a long time to a fair amount of users. The GPS signal is fine as the other apps work.
eightball8

Postby low_wh74 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:40 am

eightball8 wrote:If you read my post I noted that I already tried the link you posted and tried all of the restarting of the phone/apps to fix the signal. It does not work. It is an obvious bug of the Waze app and needs to be submitted to the developers. This has been going on for a long time to a fair amount of users. The GPS signal is fine as the other apps work.

Perhaps you can try the procedures below to solve your problem (Note: This solution was mentioned by other Wazers in the previous Official Feedback Thread for Android postings):-
1) Uninstall the WAZE app.
2) Manually delete the "WAZE" folder in your smartphone.
3) Restart your smartphone & re-install the WAZE app.

Do also ensure that the latest Android version for your smartphone model (provided by the manufacturer of your smartphone) is installed.
low_wh74

Postby FloatSunNinja » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Hello all. When I was driving about 6h the app crashed 2 times, sending ETA works but reciver cannot see my drive in real time and the details panel expanded from botton panel works in 1/3 (see attach.).
All above appears after last update. My phone is LG d620r, android 6.0.1 cyanogenmod, polish.
Please review this bugs. I will also complain about removing right side bar - it was more useful than searching in settings for messages.
Attachments
tmp_25343-Screenshot_20170213-135804-924421774.png
(79.3 KiB) Downloaded 1923 times
FloatSunNinja

Online friends no longer available

Postby out2late » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:55 pm

I am running Android 7.1.1 with Waze 4.19.0.3 and the location at the bottom right corner of the app where online friends would appear is no longer there. Instead there is blue drop-down button (swipe up does the same thing as the drop down). Anyone else having this issue?
out2late

Re: Online friends no longer available

Postby RussPA » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:58 am

From this thread:
- Friends and Inbox have a new home: Now, see whether you have new inbox messages and Waze friends online in your Waze menu navigation list. If you do, tap to your My Waze screen to read them and see who’s there.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Next

Return to Waze App