Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.19

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.19

Postby vince1612 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 am

CherylH770 wrote:Where did the button go when sharing a ride? I always send it to my husband and when he would look at it a 1 would be in the righthand box. Now it just does exactly the same thing as the middle.

Please fix this it is horrible!

This is mentioned in this version's release notes (1st post of this thread)
- Friends and Inbox have a new home: Now, see whether you have new inbox messages and Waze friends online in your Waze menu navigation list. If you do, tap to your My Waze screen to read them and see who’s there.
This change was done by staff to make room for another feature that will use the right side, so it is not a bug and won't be fixed.

You can still easily share a ride with your husband, just begin navigation to your destination and when you see the ETA window open use the sharing button in the middle:
[ img ]
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CherylH770 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 am

Yes I can share it but you can't tell if he GOT it. Before you could immediately see he got it. Now I might as well just call him.

Just acknowledge this is terrible. Why have that arrow that does nothing?

It is a significant loss.
CherylH770

Postby vince1612 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:16 am

CherylH770 wrote:Yes I can share it but you can't tell if he GOT it. Before you could immediately see he got it. Now I might as well just call him.

This change was done by staff to make room for another feature that will use the right side, so it is not a bug and won't be fixed.

After you send your ETA using the middle option in the ETA pop up window you get a confirmation pop-up saying that your ETA was sent and your navigation line will switch to a green line on the map. Those two things tell you that he got it.

I can aknowledge it is not as great for people who used the right side friends menu, if you want, but I'm just a community member, so in the end I can't speak on behalf of Waze.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby low_wh74 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 am

vince1612 wrote:
CherylH770 wrote:Yes I can share it but you can't tell if he GOT it. Before you could immediately see he got it. Now I might as well just call him.

After you send your ETA using the middle option in the ETA pop up window you get a confirmation pop-up saying that your ETA was sent and your navigation line will switch to a green line on the map. Those two things tell you that he got it.

I can aknowledge it is not as great for people who used the right side friends menu, if you want, but I'm just a community member, so in the end I can't speak on behalf of Waze.

Just to add another note.
Once you've shared your drive & ETA with your husband & subsequently if you hear "Friend is viewing your drive" message, it shows that your husband is watching your real-time drive.
low_wh74

Postby eightball8 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 pm

low_wh74 wrote:
eightball8 wrote:If you read my post I noted that I already tried the link you posted and tried all of the restarting of the phone/apps to fix the signal. It does not work. It is an obvious bug of the Waze app and needs to be submitted to the developers. This has been going on for a long time to a fair amount of users. The GPS signal is fine as the other apps work.

Perhaps you can try the procedures below to solve your problem (Note: This solution was mentioned by other Wazers in the previous Official Feedback Thread for Android postings):-
1) Uninstall the WAZE app.
2) Manually delete the "WAZE" folder in your smartphone.
3) Restart your smartphone & re-install the WAZE app.

Do also ensure that the latest Android version for your smartphone model (provided by the manufacturer of your smartphone) is installed.

I did try your suggestion and it worked for about a day but went back to the same issue. I am checking into this, but I am getting the impression that the app is only locking on to my location if there is a wifi signal within range when you turn the app on. If you turn it on with no wifi nearby then the app never locks into position. Again this is just a theory and if I confirm this I will follow up.
eightball8

Postby eightball8 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:51 pm

I think that I figured out what to do to temporarily solve the issue with the app not acquiring position. I have found that if you are not in range of a wifi signal the app will not lock on. It is relying too heavily on the wifi to position itself. Please fix
eightball8

Postby eightball8 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:53 am

Should I be sending a debug log for the GPS issues I am having or not?
eightball8

Postby gas_85 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:46 am

Nice phone. I checked and you should have at least Android 6.0.1, looking to you posts you did checked permission of the app and set Location to "on"? Picture from the internet as an example:

eightball8 wrote:I did try your suggestion and it worked for about a day but went back to the same issue. I am checking into this, but I am getting the impression that the app is only locking on to my location if there is a wifi signal within range when you turn the app on. If you turn it on with no wifi nearby then the app never locks into position. Again this is just a theory and if I confirm this I will follow up.

Also, try to check your global Location setting. There is at lest 3 options could be used: "GPS only", "Wifi and Mobile Networks" and "GPS and Wifi and Mobile Networks". Try to set to "GPS only" personally I can not use Waze when more location sources are enabled, if GPS is poor, waze will jump over to Wifi location, or Cell Base Station location and that could be far away from the driving way.

You can use this App to check your GPS Signal, to be sure that phone can calculate your location. It could also reset A-GPS.
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Postby eightball8 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 pm

gas_85 wrote:Nice phone. I checked and you should have at least Android 6.0.1, looking to you posts you did checked permission of the app and set Location to "on"? Picture from the internet as an example:

eightball8 wrote:I did try your suggestion and it worked for about a day but went back to the same issue. I am checking into this, but I am getting the impression that the app is only locking on to my location if there is a wifi signal within range when you turn the app on. If you turn it on with no wifi nearby then the app never locks into position. Again this is just a theory and if I confirm this I will follow up.

Also, try to check your global Location setting. There is at lest 3 options could be used: "GPS only", "Wifi and Mobile Networks" and "GPS and Wifi and Mobile Networks". Try to set to "GPS only" personally I can not use Waze when more location sources are enabled, if GPS is poor, waze will jump over to Wifi location, or Cell Base Station location and that could be far away from the driving way.

You can use this App to check your GPS Signal, to be sure that phone can calculate your location. It could also reset A-GPS.

I do have the latest Android software I stalled. I have the location permission on. I tried your suggestion of switching the location setting to GPS only. The app does warn me of not having it on the high accuracy setting but the app does lock in to my location correctly now. Looks like I am going to have to keep it there with this phone.
eightball8

Postby low_wh74 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:51 pm

eightball8 wrote:Should I be sending a debug log for the GPS issues I am having or not?

Yes. You can try (https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6262587).
low_wh74

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App