Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Majid-Alyafeai
Is this function still working ? 

if yes, how to activate it please ..
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

CM | United Arab Emirates
Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Post by Majid-Alyafeai
Its working , but with "hey google" only
Majid-Alyafeai
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Thank You
Majid Alyafeai

CM | United Arab Emirates
Edt | Since 2014
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Post by majorben
I noticed recently that when after Google took over and changed the app slightly by going to sleep mode, that the commands to close the app like "shut down", "switch off", etc. no longer worked or can no longer be recognized. Is there a working voice command that shuts down the app?
majorben
Send a message

Post by majorben
Thank you for your no help AlanofTheBerg. I did search the forums for hours and did not find anything on the topic. I was not intending to highjack this thread. I simply asked a question about a Voice Command that I thought that this topic - Voice Command Reference - was appropriate. Sorry for disturbing you. You could have at least posted a link to one of the "dozens and dozens of times" my question was asked.
majorben
Send a message

Post by majorben
No problem AlanofTheBerg. No offense taken. In a way, I'm glad that what I was experiencing was something that was taken away, and it wasn't something that was wrong with my phone. And yes, I do have an iPhone (4s). Thank you for posting the "bug" report. Hopefully, the powers that be will fix it.
majorben
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Thanks Alan!
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by martyg52co
I've had problems since the Waze version earlier this year where they took out gesture activation and apparently updated the Voice Command engine. In short, it's deaf as a post for me. >95% of the time I don't even get an "I didn't get that" prompt. It just sits there until it times out most of the time. On rare occasions it will recognize the command, sort of, and will ask me "is that correct?" But it never, really 100% never, recognizes the "yes" confirmation.

I have tried:
Input Device: two different Plantronics V5200 headsets, and the iPhone built-in microphone. I know the headsets work because "hey Siri" responds with just a conversational voice in the car at highway speeds.

Waze Settings: there are three different output settings, Device Default, Play on phone speaker, and Play as Bluetooth phone call. In earlier versions, Waze gave instructions to set to the 3rd of these, but current instructions say to use Device default. I've tried all 3 with no improvement at all.

iPhone: tried turning off the "hey Siri" activation, thinking that might be interfering, but that also had no effect on the symptoms.

And, while I'm writing, can anyone comment on why in the world they took out the gesture activation for voice commands? I have to lean forward to reach the phone in its mount, and the 3-finger salute invariably causes the map to move when I get it right in the first place. In a small car on rough roads it's challenging to activate voice command in the first place. The gesture feature worked great for me, and was far less of a distraction from my driving. What were they thinking?

Current version: Waze iOS 4.31
Phone: iPhone 7, iOS 11.1, but also iOS 10.x and 11.0
Headset: Plantronics V5200
martyg52co
Send a message

Post by McCracken808
xteejx wrote:Indeed it does. Usually it'll say "heavy traffic reported ahead" then the recalculation beep, then the ETA change. At least that's my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
One and a half years of using Waze and I have never had the pleasure of this sequence of events. I'll hear "heavy traffic reported ahead" but never had a recalculation after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McCracken808
Send a message
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

https://db.tt/jYYT4mG3https://db.tt/4b2TzYlShttps://db.tt/AnfHrb6N
Waze Resources:
Waze Wiki, Landmarks Guideline, Area Manager Wiki, Best Practices

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Waze 3.8, Mazda3

Post by McCracken808
McCracken808 wrote:
xteejx wrote:Indeed it does. Usually it'll say "heavy traffic reported ahead" then the recalculation beep, then the ETA change. At least that's my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
One and a half years of using Waze and I have never had the pleasure of this sequence of events. I'll hear "heavy traffic reported ahead" but never had a recalculation after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, I have to admit this. The day after I posted this, I got one of these heavy traffic reports and an ETA update. :oops:
McCracken808
Send a message
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

https://db.tt/jYYT4mG3https://db.tt/4b2TzYlShttps://db.tt/AnfHrb6N
Waze Resources:
Waze Wiki, Landmarks Guideline, Area Manager Wiki, Best Practices

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Waze 3.8, Mazda3

Post by McDanielT
I have been unable to find a list of commands and don't know how to get Waze to respond.

I have ET (Essential Tremor) so use of my hands, fingers is nigh impossible. I have searched for a list in help and on this forum but only get posts where verbal commands have been mentioned.

I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
McDanielT
Send a message