These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MrSugi
ozrider wrote:there have been countless reports of voice commands not working and its hasnt been resolved in the latest update. They really should address this as its dangerous to have to report things by tapping instead of being able to use voice commands!
Agreed. The more I can keep my eyes on the road instead of trying to report an issue, the better.
MrSugi
Send a message

Post by nawtykittin
I tried turning Talk to Waze on, but it seemed to prevent the music volume from being ducked when Waze was giving directions, making them largely inaudible. "Hey Siri" also didn't respond any more. Both of those are showstoppers for me, so I had to disable Talk to Waze again.

I assume the first issue is not by design :mrgreen: and will probably get fixed soon enough — but is there likely to be a fix for the second issue? I have no control over Apple Music without it, and I don't use Spotify.
nawtykittin
Send a message

Post by Nicotunes
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I would not be surprised if this bug causes Waze to be unable to use anything except the built-in microphone for voice command input.
That would truly be unfortunate and would make the Voice Commands unusable for me since I (and tons of others I wager) am always on BT...
Nicotunes
Send a message

Post by Nicotunes
Hi,

Is this with the phone mic or with a Bluetooth headset?

Thanks!
Nicotunes
Send a message

Post by Nicotunes
Annie-Od wrote:Thanks vince1612. I was finally able to get someone at Samsung to realize that I had some settings on my phone incorrect (after over 30 minutes of talking with them). At first they were blaming the app. It is working much better now. Ill post how I did it after a few more days making sure it works. I appreciate your patience with me and your help!
Hi...What were the Samsung settings? :-) I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and reporting is not working at all....
Thanks!
Nicotunes
Send a message

Post by Nicotunes
vince1612 wrote:If you have an iPhone like I do it's just the phone's proximity sensor which turns the screen dark if it detects something against the screen, like during a phonecall.
Samsung does that too but I think they use the front camera lens, not the display, as the trigger, so it works better... ;)
Nicotunes
Send a message

Post by OlderTimer
Here is an answer, from a month ago, in another thread ... as yet, I am unaware of any fix other than the one I suggested below.  Apparently the WAZE programmers prefer eye candy to fixing a fairly long-standing fundamental error.    :(

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Waze on Android
  •  
by RussPA Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:42 pm RussPA
OlderTimer wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:29 pm Im currently using version 4.82.0.2
Whenever I make a Google Voice report while driving, I get an error message, " Woops something went wrong, can't find your position on the map"

Earlier, the only workaround was to get version 4.80.01.  Is there any more recent fix?

Unfortunately, this bug has not yet been fixed.

OlderTimer
Send a message

Post by OlderTimer
Im currently using version 4.82.0.2

The current Waze version is
Version:4.83.6.0.
Uploaded:May 22, 2022 at 10:12AM PDT.

Unfortunately, there still seems to be no fix for the inability to leave voice reports.  Users must either have a passenger make the report, or drivers must take their eyes off the road to push buttons.  Definitely a safety problem.

OR, maybe Google/Waze is planning to drop reports entirely?  Waze becomes more like Google Maps?

OlderTimer
Send a message

Post by OlderTimer
To use these voice commands I'm assuming you need to say hey Google first?

No, say "OK Google".

OlderTimer
Send a message

Post by omegadcuk
Hi,

Loving Wave at the momement, makes my journey to and from work much easier and seems better than Google in traffic detection thanks to the collaboration aspect ;)

Voice commands work IF i am not connected via Bluetooth in car. But once the car connects to the phone the voice commands can no longer hear anything I say - even if i pick up the phone and place right next to my mouth. Looks as if the microphone is disabled/redirected?

But in the same situation "OK Google" and "google maps" respond just fine, so its obviously a Wave thing.

Anyone know why this is? Any permissions i am missing or something?

Cheers,
Omegadcuk
omegadcuk
Send a message