These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jm6087
It is not working anymore.  It was replaced with "hey Google" on Android.  I am not sure about Iphone
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
armandotopRAM wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:23 pm Where is the Master Chief Voice?

It was a promotional voice and the permissions to use the voice come from the owners of the voice.  They would need to give permission for Waze to use it again.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by john-lala
another maybe off topic question: how's the voice command option enabled/disabled?

in the client?? (couldn't find it!!)

or per country preset? (like the toll road option...)

I'm drivin through Germany right now. How can we/ can I get the voice commands enabled over here?

I wouldn't mind to talk either English or German to the device...

Speaking of which: its an iPhone 4, iOS 6, system language set to British English, Waze 3.7.3.0.

ty,
john-lala
Send a message

Post by john-lala
kentsmith9 wrote:...
Did you check the Wiki under Voice Commands? ;)
no I didn't. ty for the link!

It states: >>Currently available for USA and Canada (Android and iPhone)<<

But again: what can we do to get Voice Commands enabled over here (seems to be a per country preset...)?

I'd rather be able to talk (American) English to the device than not to be able to use Voice Control at all!!!

Following the above thread it seems rather difficult to hit the exact right tone even for native speakers... So it'd take some experimenting, I'm well aware of that.

ty,
john-lala
Send a message

Post by joycet
I cannot get the iPhone app over bluetooth to understand either "standstill" or "hazard". I have successfully recorded standstill traffic twice, and hazard once. This is sooooooo frustrating. Also "moderate" MUST be pronounced "mah-der-ATE" instead of MAH-der-eht which is annoying as the first is usually the pronunciation of the verb and the second the adjective.

Any suggestions on how to pronounced standstill and hazard so that the app understands????
joycet
Send a message

Post by karlmf1
LewisBriskin wrote:I recently tried this option and I ran into problems. I have a Subaru Forester 2017. I enabled this option and when I tried it, it worked but it would not disengage the audio system. It froze! I had to disable the option or close down the app. When opened it again and the OK Waze option was engaged and I tried it again, it froze as before. When the option was disabled, all was back to normal.
Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks
I haven't tried it yet, but I will tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
karlmf1
Send a message

Post by karlmf1
With the new update, and the "OK Waze" feature enabled, I was not able to receive spoken text messages via the Google Message app and Moto Voice. So, I disabled the "OK Waze" feature.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
karlmf1
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I created a Bugzilla to sync the voice commands and manually entered reports so they match both ways. Many report options are not available manually and I noted RAIN was not available in the voice commands. For those with voting rights, please do so.

https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6294
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I updated the Wiki page on Voice Commands to reflect Alan's list in the OP. I believe the current app has a few other options for triggering voice commands that are not updated on the page I updated for the tables if someone wanted to update that part.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
mr5picker wrote:Edit: just realized this is probably not the best thread to post this question to. Sorry.
Another user is also reporting voice command problems at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78326. That thread might be better.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message