Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Annie-Od
Thanks vince1612. I was finally able to get someone at Samsung to realize that I had some settings on my phone incorrect (after over 30 minutes of talking with them). At first they were blaming the app. It is working much better now. Ill post how I did it after a few more days making sure it works. I appreciate your patience with me and your help!
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by armandotopRAM
Where is the Master Chief Voice?
armandotopRAM
Send a message

Post by BarkyWoofWoof
I'm in the land down under, and having tried multiple voice inflections and my best attempt at an American accent, I have had almost zero success with getting voice recognition to pick up on "pot hole".
I've tried pot hole, POT HOLE, po-thole, pottle, pot-hell, and it just does not want to get it.
I've given up trying to report potholes unless I'm stationary and I can press through the prompts on the screen.
BarkyWoofWoof
Send a message

Post by bernphys
Hello,
Screen says...”Listening..Go ahead”

Nothing happens when I speak a command.....??

How can I correct please.

bernphys
bernphys
Send a message

Post by bernphys
Thanks for the list
bernphys
Send a message

Post by BillDavisMeow28
I've seen references to reporting incidents in the opposing traffic lanes but have not found the commands in the wiki or in this forum. Am I mistaken? Is there a way to report issues for people traveling in the opposite direction?
BillDavisMeow28
Send a message
Bill Davis, RPT
The Piano Place GA

Post by BobcatCharlie
Invoking hands-free voice commands: The wave doesn't work nor does tapping the screen on my iPhone SE--maybe those were for previous Waze versions. But what does work is swiping from the left side of the screen to the right, which brings up the screen with past searches, and "My Waze." Near the top of the page is a search bar with a red microphone on the right. Tap on the microphone, and it listens for reports or verbal commands.
BobcatCharlie
Send a message

Post by bricot
I just saw that you can report things in the opposite lane - is that also a voice command?
bricot
Send a message

Post by callumjp
LewisBriskin wrote:When I enabled the new feature by talking to Waze with "ok Waze". My audio system in the 2017 Forester freezes. Nothing works. I have to shut down Waze, turn off radio, go back into Waze and disable the feature of "ok Waze" and then all is normal. I tried to use it a number of times and the same thing happens. It did not matter whether I was using bluetooth or USB.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
I’m having a similar problem with my 2016 Skoda Fabia. Because I have set Waze to operate through the vehicle’s Bluetooth system, “Ok Waze” seems to disable everything else from working, as though it is keeping the mic free to be permanently listening for my voice input.

This isn’t how Siri works - so what’s wrong? I’ve disabled “Ok Waze” for the time being, because I want to be able to listen to my music and accept incoming phone calls; but having “Ok Waze” turned on isn’t allowing me to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp
Send a message

Post by Chris_DeSantis
Ankh-Morpork wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble using voice commands.
You're not the only one. My experience usually goes like this:

Me: Three finger tap. wait 5 seconds for the microphone to turn green
Waze: How can I help?
Me: Vehicle stopped on shoulder
Waze: One more time?
Me: Vechicle stopped on shoulder!
Waze: Couldn't hear you. Try again.
Me: VEHICLE STOPPED ON SHOULDER, YOU @#$%* COW!!!
Waze: Cancelled

By this time, of course, I'm two miles down the road and the issue is moot. This is just an example; I'm quite aware that some folks don't care for the vehicle stopped notification, but here in Maine where roads are narrow and winding, I find them very useful.
Chris_DeSantis
Send a message