Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by gabbs1123
Is there a way for the waze app on the iPhone to verbalize the fact that there is upcoming traffic, upcoming cop, etc.? Because having to look at your phone while driving is not the safest thing.
gabbs1123
Send a message

Post by gaivota2gaivota2
Hello everyone.

OK Waze isn't available in Brazil, right?
Let's say I travel to the US, where ok Waze is available as a feature. WIll I have it available in my app then? If so, is it added to Waze automatically as it acknowledges my change of location or I'd have to update it manually?
In case that's all true, will it be still there once I get back to Brazil?

Thank y'all.
gaivota2gaivota2
Send a message

Post by gas_85
Why reporting language depends on country where you are driving? I have Russian Android interface, as also Waze, but Waze will request German Commands in Germany... Thanks God I can speak German, but it will not happen with all languages. Could it hold on what is set in Waze? Or at least as Phone language???
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by Goodtimes2019
I live in the USA using a iPhone and have not been able to report hazards, police, etc. using voice commands for over one year now.  I have tried "Hey Goggle", "Okay Goggle", "Hey Waze" and "Okay Waze" and nothing works.  I have no intention of tapping a phone screen to make hazard reports while I am driving because that is dangerous.  I contacted Waze support (sent them a video showing problem) and after several days they said it was Goggles fault.  I contacted Goggle with the same information and video showing that Goggle three dots appear on the bottom of the Waze screen when I say "Hey Goggle" or "Okay Goggle" but do not move when I speak.  After several days of trying Goggle said it was Waze's fault.  My understanding is the Goggle bought Waze so as far as I am concerned it appears that the Goggle Maps people want to destroy Waze by not addressing this problem.  This is sad because Waze was a really great app even when you had to swipe the screen with three fingers to activate voice reporting.  I still use Waze but I can only listen and not contribute unless my wife is driving which permits me to tap the screen to make hazard reports.  My only hope is that someone will buy Waze from Goggle and turn the voice reporting back on so that I can use Waze to its full potential again.

Goodtimes2019
Send a message

Post by Hegedusa
xteejx wrote:Over-pronounce the S sound like I-Ssss? It'll be looking for a specific waveform pattern, that should give the ASR what it wants.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Do you know if there is there any way to enable this in the UK?
Hegedusa
Send a message
--
Anthony Hegedus
Running Ubuntu 12.04 / Windows 7 / iPhone 4s
Wazeing about 250 miles a week!

Area Manager for South Essex (UK)

Post by Hegedusa
xteejx wrote:Used to be able to change the preferences file but last time I tried it didn't work. It expects an American accent, so is a bit useless over here atm.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Well hopefully won't be long, would be a USP for the app
Hegedusa
Send a message
--
Anthony Hegedus
Running Ubuntu 12.04 / Windows 7 / iPhone 4s
Wazeing about 250 miles a week!

Area Manager for South Essex (UK)

Post by Heyjaypay
I have noticed recently that the voice commands aren't working, especially when trying to report a hazard on the road. Reporting traffic, police, etc. Works most of the time but whenever I try to report a hazard, It keeps saying "try again", "I didn't hear you" and finally "canceled". I know it's not myself who's too quiet, as I'm almost shouting trying to get it to hear me :x . I have a feeling it has something to do with spotify and my music, but turning down/pausing my music doesn't help either. It would be nice if waze could not only fix this issue but also add a feature to pause spotify when you wave or tap the screen with three fingers to make voice commands easier to hear :roll: . Anyone else having this issue? If so, any temporary fixes?
Heyjaypay
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by holmes4
The app does verbalize alerts of this nature - I have heard them.
holmes4
Send a message
Steve

Post by HonzaCzech
Hello,

I ride motorcycle every day thus using Waze every day. I like the Google Now voice feature, as I can quickly reply to SMS using voice control over my helmet Bluetooth. With the new "Ok Waze" feature, I am experiencing issues with the Google Now... If the "Ok waze" is enabled on my Google Pixel XL google now will not work. I will receive an error saying "Google can't be reached at the moment" After disabling the Waze voice feature, I was able to resume using the Google Now voice feature...

With the winter gloves I am having issue using the 3-fingers to activate the voice commands on waze so this is useless to me at the moment.

Is there any way you can fix this feature? Perhaps initiate the waze voice commands with a wave or better yet, a signal from the BT headset....

Thank you
HonzaCzech
Send a message

Post by JasonN899
Thanks! This will really help!!
JasonN899
Send a message
JasonN899
Volunteer Map Editor
Maryland