Voice Commands reference

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Voice Commands reference

Postby JOHN-LALA » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:44 am

kentsmith9 wrote:...
Did you check the Wiki under Voice Commands? ;)

no I didn't. ty for the link!

It states: >>Currently available for USA and Canada (Android and iPhone)<<

But again: what can we do to get Voice Commands enabled over here (seems to be a per country preset...)?

I'd rather be able to talk (American) English to the device than not to be able to use Voice Control at all!!!

Following the above thread it seems rather difficult to hit the exact right tone even for native speakers... So it'd take some experimenting, I'm well aware of that.

ty,
JOHN
JOHN-LALA

Re: Voice Commands reference (US?)

Postby joycet » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm

I cannot get the iPhone app over bluetooth to understand either "standstill" or "hazard". I have successfully recorded standstill traffic twice, and hazard once. This is sooooooo frustrating. Also "moderate" MUST be pronounced "mah-der-ATE" instead of MAH-der-eht which is annoying as the first is usually the pronunciation of the verb and the second the adjective.

Any suggestions on how to pronounced standstill and hazard so that the app understands????
joycet

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:08 am

I created a Bugzilla to sync the voice commands and manually entered reports so they match both ways. Many report options are not available manually and I noted RAIN was not available in the voice commands. For those with voting rights, please do so.

https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6294
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:19 am

I updated the Wiki page on Voice Commands to reflect Alan's list in the OP. I believe the current app has a few other options for triggering voice commands that are not updated on the page I updated for the tables if someone wanted to update that part.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:53 pm

mr5picker wrote:Edit: just realized this is probably not the best thread to post this question to. Sorry.

Another user is also reporting voice command problems at https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78326. That thread might be better.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:13 pm

JOHN-LALA wrote:another maybe off topic question: how's the voice command option enabled/disabled?

in the client?? (couldn't find it!!)

or per country preset? (like the toll road option...)

I'm drivin through Germany right now. How can we/ can I get the voice commands enabled over here?

I wouldn't mind to talk either English or German to the device...

Speaking of which: its an iPhone 4, iOS 6, system language set to British English, Waze 3.7.3.0.

ty,

Did you check the Wiki under Voice Commands? ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby LeighGr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Any chance of getting "Other side" added to the "Report Traffic" voice command option? Each morning I have to report standstill traffic on the other side of the road, otherwise Waze tries to routes be me back through this standstill traffic. Using the voice commands would be much safer for me to use than the multiple stabs at the "My Side" button to get it to change to "Other Side".
Leigh Greyling
Samsung Galaxy S II, Android 4.1.2
AM : Cape Town, George & Mossel Bay, ZA
LeighGr

Postby majorben » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:39 pm

I noticed recently that when after Google took over and changed the app slightly by going to sleep mode, that the commands to close the app like "shut down", "switch off", etc. no longer worked or can no longer be recognized. Is there a working voice command that shuts down the app?
majorben

Postby majorben » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Thank you for your no help AlanofTheBerg. I did search the forums for hours and did not find anything on the topic. I was not intending to highjack this thread. I simply asked a question about a Voice Command that I thought that this topic - Voice Command Reference - was appropriate. Sorry for disturbing you. You could have at least posted a link to one of the "dozens and dozens of times" my question was asked.
majorben

Postby majorben » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:42 pm

No problem AlanofTheBerg. No offense taken. In a way, I'm glad that what I was experiencing was something that was taken away, and it wasn't something that was wrong with my phone. And yes, I do have an iPhone (4s). Thank you for posting the "bug" report. Hopefully, the powers that be will fix it.
majorben

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App