Voice Commands reference

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Voice Commands reference

Postby majorben » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:42 pm

No problem AlanofTheBerg. No offense taken. In a way, I'm glad that what I was experiencing was something that was taken away, and it wasn't something that was wrong with my phone. And yes, I do have an iPhone (4s). Thank you for posting the "bug" report. Hopefully, the powers that be will fix it.
majorben

Re: Voice Commands reference (US?)

Postby mapcat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks Alan!
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Voice Commands reference (NA only)

Postby McCracken808 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:14 am

xteejx wrote:Indeed it does. Usually it'll say "heavy traffic reported ahead" then the recalculation beep, then the ETA change. At least that's my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

One and a half years of using Waze and I have never had the pleasure of this sequence of events. I'll hear "heavy traffic reported ahead" but never had a recalculation after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

ImageImageImage
Waze Resources:
Waze Wiki, Landmarks Guideline, Area Manager Wiki, Best Practices

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Waze 3.7.8, Mazda3
McCracken808

Postby McCracken808 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:05 pm

McCracken808 wrote:
xteejx wrote:Indeed it does. Usually it'll say "heavy traffic reported ahead" then the recalculation beep, then the ETA change. At least that's my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

One and a half years of using Waze and I have never had the pleasure of this sequence of events. I'll hear "heavy traffic reported ahead" but never had a recalculation after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I have to admit this. The day after I posted this, I got one of these heavy traffic reports and an ETA update. :oops:
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

ImageImageImage
Waze Resources:
Waze Wiki, Landmarks Guideline, Area Manager Wiki, Best Practices

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Waze 3.7.8, Mazda3
McCracken808

Postby metalmarky » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 pm

I have tried many times to report a pot hole with voice commands. I have tried saying pothole quickly (like the voice prompt asks you), pot... hole slowly. Has anyone been able to use voice to report a pot hole? It is the only thing I have found that I cannot get it to recognise, it asks the 3 times then says cancelled. All other commands as far as I know work mostly first time.

I am using 3.7.7.997 beta but I have always had this issue.
Metal Marky
Galaxy S2
metalmarky

Postby mr5picker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:36 am

Voice commands have completely stopped responding for me. Haven't seen anyone else mention these symptoms yet.
I'm running Waze version 3.7.7 but this problem started at least 4 months ago with the previous version. Basically, once I bring up voice command mode (3 finger tap or wave), I get the "how can I help" request but it fails to respond in any way to any voice input. In the past, voice command mode would close after a few failed attempts. Now, it just sits there - for hours if I let it. It doesn't tell me that it doesn't understand, it just waits. I've tried with the iphone mic and 2 different BT sets.
I've got a Verizon iphone 4 running iOS 7.0.3. Have completely uninstalled and reinstalled.
Had no problem with the earlier version on the same phone. TIA

Edit: just realized this is probably not the best thread to post this question to. Sorry.
mr5picker

Postby mr5picker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:53 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
mr5picker wrote:Edit: just realized this is probably not the best thread to post this question to. Sorry.

Another user is also reporting voice command problems at https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78326. That thread might be better.

Thanks. Similar in that they also can't use voice commands but different OS (I'm running iOS) and symptoms are different. I'll just start a new thread an apologize for a duplicate post ;)
mr5picker

Postby pvaladares » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 pm

All current available commands can be found at \Waze\asr_cmd in Android platform.
Last edited by pvaladares on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby randallrash » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:30 am

I was testing by reporting "Heat Wave" since it's over 102 degrees. Although it repeated what I was reporting correctly, it put "Tornado" on the map popup. Sorry everyone. :?
randallrash

Postby sketch » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:35 am

I really wish there were a way to "Prefer Bluetooth" for input (voice commands) but not output (directions). TBH, if there is a Bluetooth input device connected, it should always be used for voice input.
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App