Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kentsmith9
JOHN-LALA wrote:another maybe off topic question: how's the voice command option enabled/disabled?

in the client?? (couldn't find it!!)

or per country preset? (like the toll road option...)

I'm drivin through Germany right now. How can we/ can I get the voice commands enabled over here?

I wouldn't mind to talk either English or German to the device...

Speaking of which: its an iPhone 4, iOS 6, system language set to British English, Waze 3.7.3.0.

ty,
Did you check the Wiki under Voice Commands? ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Knotical
I too am experiencing problems with voice commands more and more frequently. But there is a greater, more serious unintended consequence that is resulting.

As Metalmarkey has said, when the voice command problems occur, the app asks the 3 times then says cancelled.

But then something worse happens. The app appears to stop recording miles. The map still works while you are driving, as does navigation, but the tracking stops - you will see where tracking ended in "my drives".

I have experienced this several times now. I can usually close the app and clear my phones memory before restarting the app. (At a long stoplight, of course.) That gets tracking to start again.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active if it helps.
Knotical
Send a message

Regards,
Knotical(2)

Designation: Mostly harmless

Post by KuniaKid
ooMikeoo wrote:I've never gotten Waze to recognize a single voice command, wondering why it's even part of the app? Siri understands me just fine, maybe Siri should be passing voice commands to the app since it seems to work very well.
Same with me, Mike. Siri works fine, even using speech to text in messaging. Waze voice command used to work for me many versions ago. Now it only works when I'm sitting in my house. Doesn't do me any good there. I have use a Composite AV cable and never have used BlueTooth. I've submitted a bug report for my issue.

What rig are you using in the car?
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by kwsanders
HonzaCzech wrote:If the "Ok waze" is enabled on my Google Pixel XL google now will not work. I will receive an error saying "Google can't be reached at the moment" After disabling the Waze voice feature, I was able to resume using the Google Now voice feature...
I switched from iPhone to a Google Pixel 2 XL just over a week ago. I love Waze, but I also make use of Google Assistant to make hands-free calls and such while driving. I was getting the same message as you when trying to use the voice assistant of the phone.

I had not been able to figure out what was causing the issue, so I switched to using Google Maps. That worked, but it really isn't the same as Waze. You, my friend, are a lifesaver!
kwsanders
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
Any chance of getting "Other side" added to the "Report Traffic" voice command option? Each morning I have to report standstill traffic on the other side of the road, otherwise Waze tries to routes be me back through this standstill traffic. Using the voice commands would be much safer for me to use than the multiple stabs at the "My Side" button to get it to change to "Other Side".
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LewisBriskin
I recently tried this option and I ran into problems. I have a Subaru Forester 2017. I enabled this option and when I tried it, it worked but it would not disengage the audio system. It froze! I had to disable the option or close down the app. When opened it again and the OK Waze option was engaged and I tried it again, it froze as before. When the option was disabled, all was back to normal.
Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks
LewisBriskin
Send a message

Post by LewisBriskin
When I enabled the new feature by talking to Waze with "ok Waze". My audio system in the 2017 Forester freezes. Nothing works. I have to shut down Waze, turn off radio, go back into Waze and disable the feature of "ok Waze" and then all is normal. I tried to use it a number of times and the same thing happens. It did not matter whether I was using bluetooth or USB.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
LewisBriskin
Send a message

Post by litodeosca
Soy nuevo usuario y solo veo los radares con una indicación que a veces si no estas atento a la pantalla ,pasa inadvertido. Creo que lo tengo bien configurado -¿no se envian alertas por voz en los radares ??
litodeosca
Send a message

Post by Lucvp
Same issue here: I get network not connected no matter what I try since last waze update. Used to work. Not great but it did work. This feature is very important for safety reasons while driving.
Lucvp
Send a message

Post by MacielSparrenberger
DamonZ28 wrote:I've been an avid Waze user for years, but just tried using Voice Commands yesterday. No matter what I try, when I attempt to use voice commands I get an immediate error message that says "Network not connected." I get this error message, regardless if I'm connected to my home wireless network, or my USCC data network. I can type & search just fine, and I can route to anywhere I need to go, so I know I have a network connection. But for some reason, voice commands and voice search will not work. Any ideas? I've tried disconnecting bluetooth, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Waze Android 4.32
Samsung Galaxy S8
I have the same problem when the "OK Waze" feature is turned on. Always getting "not connected" error, trying either 3-finger tap or red microphone. Disabling "ok waze" feature, all voice recognition features seems to work again. Samsung J5 Pro, Android 7.0.0.
MacielSparrenberger
Send a message