These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.20

Post by htxu
waze 4.20.0.1
Android 5.1.1 (Samsung phone)

Since the last update, waze is now giving notifications about local traffic, even when I'm not using the app and when I don't have any trips planned. If I'm not using waze and don't have trips planned, then I don't care about local traffic. I don't want to disable all notifications, because when I have a trip planned, they're useful.
htxu

POSTER_ID:16882434

Send a message

Post by Bra1nKelly
Waze 4.20.0.1. Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Navigation screen blanks during phone call, didn't occur on previous versions (I'm a beta tester)
Bra1nKelly
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer1
The "Take Photo" popup has been appearing more and more - often when I'm still far away from my destination. It's super annoying, contributes nothing valuable to the user experience, and constitutes a safety hazard. I suggest the following alternative approaches to fixing the problem, from most to least desirable:

1) Get rid of the "Take Photo" feature entirely - it serves no purpose other than to annoy Waze users.

2) Give us the ability to disable this "feature".

3a) If the popup comes up, give us the chance to clear it - currently, the only way to get rid of it is to close Waze and restart the app, which is unsafe to do while driving.

3b) Have the popup time out and clear itself after an interval has passed with no user action.

4) At the very, very least, fix the timing of when the popup pops up! Waze obviously knows how far away I am from my destination, in terms of both distance and time - so why is it telling me "You're almost there - take a photo!" when I'm still far from my destination?

The fact that this "feature" has been annoying Waze users for years and still hasn't been addressed - in fact, it's gotten worse rather than better - signals contempt for your users!
DonRadlauer1
Send a message

Post by drosjekusk
Still not able to search for gas stations like before.
I have to type it in (in my own language, of course) to find the cheapest pumps when I'm on the road, causing me to be a potentially major traffic hazard.
drosjekusk
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by FokusPokus
Bra1nKelly wrote:Waze 4.20.0.1. Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Navigation screen blanks during phone call, didn't occur on previous versions (I'm a beta tester)
Same here. "Keep Waze on top" does not work since I upgraded Android to 7.0 on my S7 Edge
FokusPokus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Country Coordinator: Lithuania
Country Manager: Lithuania, Poland

Post by gas_85
Old bugs for tracking purpose:
1. Sahara bug is back again...
2. Potential Privacy Issue
3. Drive sharing suggestions are unreal --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180608&p=1368160#p1368160
4. Point 2 (also 4 as "suggestions") are still there --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180608&p=1383013#p1383013
5. Re-routing without GPS cause an error --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180608&p=1385249#p1385249
6. Problems by drive sharing (late notifications, wrong time, no real time fallowing)
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by krzycholub
waze 4.20.0.1
Android 4.4.4 (Samsung phone)

After installing 4.20.0.1 - search for Gas Stations disappears after first app restart.
This problem starts with ver. 4.17
Last working version on my phone is 4.16.0.1
krzycholub
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by krzycholub
krzycholub wrote:waze 4.20.0.1
Android 4.4.4 (Samsung phone)

After installing 4.20.0.1 - search for Gas Stations disappears after first app restart.
This problem starts with ver. 4.17
Last working version on my phone is 4.16.0.1
Looks like the problem has been resolved in latest 4.21 release.
krzycholub
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
When a WAZE driving route is shared using other modes (such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Facebook Messenger & etc), the shared driving route is displayed in a web page & the recipient is able to see the real-time driving motion is moving on the driving route.

However, when a drive is shared via the WAZE GPS app itself, the recipient can see the displayed driving route but the real-time driving motion isn't moving on the driving route. This issue needs to be fixed.
low_wh74
Send a message
Last edited by low_wh74 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by low_wh74
speedy_sr wrote:Android 7, Waze 4.20.0.1, Contacts permission granted:

I want to add a friend from contact list but everytime I want to do that I see error popup saying:
"Uh-oh! Your phone contacts are still loading. Try again soon."

There's no progressbar to show me if something is really happening, no manual reload option, nothing. Plus there's not even fallback option to enter the phone number manually! Very bad UX!

Any ideas?
Thank you.
Actually, this problem happens since the inception of WAZE GPS app version 4 & the contacts in your phone book can't be fully loaded. Alternatively, you can add your friends via Facebook or Twitter.
low_wh74
Send a message