These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.23

Post by low_wh74
WAZE 4.23.0.4 for Android is now available in Google Play Store.

[MOD EDIT]
Play Store release notes wrote:What's New
Thanks for using Waze, where 80 million drivers outsmart traffic with real-time road information. Waze is constantly improving, so check out what's new this version:
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Previous feedback thread: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.22
[/MOD EDIT]
low_wh74

POSTER_ID:17117051

Send a message

Post by joegrent
Same here. Get rid of the needing to turn GPS on I cannot pre add addresses for future picking as i travel to different states and waze just craps out because of distance is too far. Very bad decision to do this.

How do you roll back without uninstalling and reinstalling? or if I uninstall does it get rid of all the history location data?
joegrent
Send a message

Post by jonsg
Please add me to the mob rebelling against the completely unnecessary mandatory "high accuracy" location mode, which effectively turns Waze into spyware.

I'm Waze Royalty in the UK - or I was until this latest change (I assume I still am). If it's not reversed, and smartly, I'm probably not the only one liable to uninstall.

Honking off your most loyal customers is not good business.
jonsg
Send a message

Post by KabiyesiPrince
I have been having the same problem since an update about three days ago on my Samsung 7
KabiyesiPrince
Send a message

Post by KabiyesiPrince
vagabond2011 wrote:If you're an Uber driver with Waze 4.23.0.4 it would appear there are two options moving forward: (1) use Gmaps until the next Waze update or (2) roll back from Waze 4.23.0.4 to Waze 4.21.0.0 (ignore 4.23.0.3 it's also not working). I rolled back to 4.21.0.0 and it's working perfect. Don't forget to switch off automatic updates in the PlayStore settings ;)

Waze forum has a thread for Uber drivers to report feedback here as well.
Could you please tell me how to get the saps previous update?
KabiyesiPrince
Send a message

Post by Kmg90
:| Another thing to growing list of things that have me considering using and contributing to a different mapping/navigation platform...

I will always set my location service mode to GPS Only...

This "change/fix/improvement" stinks of Google/Alphabet.

Decided to go back to older version (3.99* though there are newer versions than this) that didn't have this arbitrary requirement.

*It's amazing how more snappy this version is compared to the current incarnation and is also 10+ MB slimmer in install file size...
Kmg90
Send a message

Post by mrahman1980
Waze no longer works thru Uber Driver for me. Nothing happens on screen when 'navigate' is pressed on the Uber Driver app. Voice commands can be heard in the background but Waze cannot be seen or accessed in any way. Using Pixel XL phone.

Please fix this asap.
mrahman1980
Send a message

Post by mujones39
Since this last update the app does not show the items that it is supposed to. It also will not show the car on the map. It will still give verbal directions but it will not show up. It just shuts down and gives verbal directions.
mujones39
Send a message

Post by pehmoh
Yes waze now cannot be navigated thru uber driver apps. Please fix it ASAP. URGENT
pehmoh
Send a message

Post by Pigstacho
Could you please explain why is now "Required" to use High Accuracy settings on the GPS when the app clearly works perfectly with GPS only? I don't want to use High Accuracy for battery and privacy reasons.
Pigstacho
Send a message