Toll roads option in the client  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Cloaker wrote:Don't know if I'm not looking hard enough, but I didn't see a place to drop a note, but the U.S. Seems fairly complete. I believe all but 5 states are finished and those 5 are nearing completion. :) Can't wait for this feature. I live very close to a toll road and waze always wants to route me onto it.

When the US country managers, who are tracking by state, agree that we're good to go, we'll let Waze know.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby porubcan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:05 pm

shalafi wrote:Slovakia has had 99% marked by the end of first day and we reported that to Waze. Please turn the feature on for us as promised ;)

+1
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby shalafi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Slovakia has had 99% marked by the end of first day and we reported that to Waze. Please turn the feature on for us as promised ;)
shalafi
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby DangerDaneDK » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Denmark only has one toll road as it is so :P. And sadly I cant change that since I am not AM of that area.
DangerDaneDK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Cloaker » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:11 am

Don't know if I'm not looking hard enough, but I didn't see a place to drop a note, but the U.S. Seems fairly complete. I believe all but 5 states are finished and those 5 are nearing completion. :) Can't wait for this feature. I live very close to a toll road and waze always wants to route me onto it.
Cloaker

Re: Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:44 pm

deeggo wrote:
MeX_DK wrote:Denmark only has one toll road as it is so :P. And sadly I cant change that since I am not AM of that area.

How about ferries or bridges that aren't free? You must have lots of those 8-)

For Oregon in the US, those are truly the only tollways we have.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby deeggo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 am

MeX_DK wrote:Denmark only has one toll road as it is so :P. And sadly I cant change that since I am not AM of that area.

How about ferries or bridges that aren't free? You must have lots of those 8-)
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: FEATURE REQUEST re navigation

Postby vince1612 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Waze Help - Avoid Toll roads

Routes with tolls will include a "toll" indicator next to the route to make you aware of the toll.
(Waze 4.0 [ img ] / Previous versions [ img ])

When Avoid toll is enabled, and that you are going through your list of possible routes, the first suggestion will always respect your setting to avoid the toll, and the other routes (if with the icon) will show you the alternatives with tolls as well. So you don't need to toggle it all the time.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

FEATURE REQUEST re navigation

Postby Drcassie8 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:10 pm

First, I love Waze! This is my request or suggestion related to navigation:

A while back, I stumbled upon the fact that I could modify navigation by going to settings and then clicking on the related link there to, for instance, avoid toll roads. But this actually involves a lot of clicking back and forth. I'm wondering if there is a way to make this option more visible from the start? And also, to allow one to see immediately if I'm in a 'no toll road' mode or whatever as I start a new search.

I hope this makes sense, and that I haven't repeated someone else's thoughts, or even worse, just totally missed something along the way. By the way I really do like the ability to avoid toll roads, etc, especially when I have time to explore a bit using back roads, knowing Waze will probably help me find my way home! I say 'probably' having found out that the internet didn't quite reach to a particular corn field in Illinois, a while back ;'). Thank you, Waze, for creating this incredible tool!
Drcassie8

Previous

Return to Waze App