Toll roads option in the client  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby olestas » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:18 am

There also should be option to SEE, exactly WHERE the toll road is. I thought waze would WARN me when there are toll roads.. but it either includes them in route or just tries to avoid, but I do not KNOW this.. would be better to show it.
olestas

Postby olestas » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 am

Don't forget about indication of place of toll and amount to pay. It would be super.
olestas

Postby orit_y » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi,

We added the toll roads feature in;

1. Russia
2. Bosnia & Herzegowin

Best,
Orit
orit_y
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby orit_y » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi,

Starting today we activated the toll roads feature in Malaysia.
All thanks to the hard work of the Malaysian community! great job!

Best,
Orit
orit_y
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby ottonomy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 pm

I would like to see some differentiation in settings based upon whether a toll road is automated-only (no pay booths, but only sensors for on-board chips or transponders, like FastTrak) or a traditional toll road, where one can pay at a booth on a one-time basis. I don't mind paying for toll roads on occasion, when they will save me a great deal of time, so I leave the "avoid toll roads" setting switched to off. The problem is, sometimes Waze will direct me onto a toll road which has no option to pay as I go, and I have to figure out on the fly how to get out of the situation. In some cases, the "toll road" is actually just a toll lane, separated by some kind of barrier from the main road. When I don't enter that lane after Waze has instructed me to, because I have not got the required transponder device in my vehicle, Waze doesn't understand that I am now driving parallel on the main road instead, and as such will fail to give me the correct exit instructions, as the toll lanes sometimes exit to the left, and at different locations from the main road.
ottonomy
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 am

etatan wrote:Please enable this option for Malaysia. The maps for BOTH tolled roads and roads without toll are already comprehensively comprehended in the Waze maps.

The issue I am faced with currently is the option to "avoid toll roads" was available when i used Waze while I was driving in Australia, and i turned it on in order to avoid the toll roads - as i was driving a rental car, and did not have a toll tag.

Now that I am back in Malaysia, the option has disappeared from my Waze menu (same device), and i am stuck with the option being enabled. Waze is consistently asking me to use the old trunk roads (no toll), when the tolled roads (all highways) is the better option..

Thanks!

Have you tried un-tick the avoid toll OR better still un-install the client and re-install back? By default when you re-install back the client, the avoid toll feature is not available for Malaysia yet. However we are in the process of getting the feature enabled for Malaysia as we have achieved the 90% target required for this feature to be enabled. You can read the toll road progress here
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Malaysia
Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.2

Join our FB group: Waze in Malaysia on Facebook
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Pelle924 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Hey,

is the option "avoid toll roads" activated for france already? I'm driving from germany to france the next week and would like to avoid them;)

But did i get it right, even if activated, i couldn't use it, as i'm a german wazer?

Cheers
Jan
AM Karlsruhe/Großraum Backnang (Rems-Murr-Kreis)
Pelle924

Postby Pelle924 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Problem is, i can't activate "avoid tollroads", because i just don't have this option;)
Pelle924

Postby Pelle924 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 pm

davipt wrote:
Pelle924 wrote:Problem is, i can't activate "avoid tollroads", because i just don't have this option;)

Oh, that. But isn't there any Auto-Bahn with tolls in Deutschland? I know the ones around Düsseldorf where I lived were all free, but I had a feeling there were some (update: wikipedia says no, only trucks and electronic non-stop payment).

You can always ask for the toll road option, because Nordschleife is officially a "public road with tolls" ;)

Update: it may happen that as soon as you cross the French border you may get an server push that may enable the avoid tolls. I'm not sure about this. This is based on the knowledge that my Portuguese friends when fly to Germany or Holland will get their clients update with the German or Dutch TTS languages, but no idea about the tolls nor am sure when the update happens - right after crossing, or may need a restart, or may need some hours, sorry.

well that would be shit if waze doesn't include the nordschleife in its routing anymore.. :D but yes we have no highways with tolls, but having the "avoid toll" option would make scence, just in case you'd like getting a route through other contries (which does happen in europe ;) )

but still the question if france even is activated for toll free routing..
Pelle924

Postby petervdveen » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 am

But it should say it is including toll-roads.
Coördinator BeNeLux
- Nederland Belgium Lëtzebuerg
ImageImageImageImage

peter@wazenederland.nl peter@wazebelgium.be
petervdveen
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App