Toll roads option in the client  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby shirlig » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Toll roads have been activated in New Zealand!!

Woohoo!!

Thanks,

Shirli
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby shirlig » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Toll roads feature has been enabled in Ireland!
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby shirlig » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Hurray! Toll roads have been enable in Mexico!
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby shirlig » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Wazers,

We added toll roads in New Caledonia & South Africa!

Enjoy,

Shirli
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby subaru101 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:55 am

Hi
in Germany only LKW must pay for freeway/Autobahn. (In the moment ;) ). So we do not use "toll road" for freeway. Others like ferry and so on is not marked widespread.

Greetings.
subaru101

Postby talsworthy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 pm

I don't mind being routed through a toll but (in uk) I am not aware that has happened (and then give the choice to avoid) and even better if it could indicate the price of the tolls.
talsworthy

Postby talsworthy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Yep that shows - now I know what to look for. Personally I would prefer it more in my face ie this is a toll route do you want to use tolls or similar. Price like petrol prices would be useful to know what I need on me :)
talsworthy

Toll roads option in the client

Postby tigertanghao » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:04 am

ellipsis wrote:It would be nice if you could completely avoid toll roads... I turned on the option, and now during my commute in Denver, the 2nd and 3rd option are ALWAYS tolls, which is pointless to me since the toll roads are ridiculously expensive and I'm never going to take them, even to save an hour. Between work and home, going on the toll road costs me around $20. There are enough other routes on my commute that I would have other options, but they're always a couple minutes longer than the toll routes and therefore never show up.

+100... It's very expensive in Toronto Canada as well. It make no sense to include in 2nd / 3rd option. I live close to a toll road. Have exactly same issue. Thought the avoid toll road would solve my problem. But seems only half. If user choose to avoid it, just completely avoid it please, please!!!
tigertanghao

Toll roads option in the client

Postby tigertanghao » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:27 am

fvwazing wrote:Given that some absolutely want to have an alternative INCLUDING toll and some want alternatives AVOIDING toll the solution can only be to show 1 alternative for each - and indicate which is toll. At least that indication is in the making.

Sorry, I don't like this idea. Avoid toll should same as avoid high way. High way don't show in 2nd /3rd option. Don't mean to mess up avoid high way after this. Waze just finally make it right for it(avoid freeway only).
If user NOT choose avoid toll road , it would be proper to show options with/ without toll road, and allow user to choose. But not otherway. It just destroy this feature.

Completely avoid toll please, if user choose so!!
tigertanghao

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:15 pm

zsezo wrote:Please confirm: really need a stable GPS signal to get country depended settings?

I cannot confirm, but this makes sense. Toll roads are a per-country setting so the client needs to know what country you are currently in so it can offer the proper options.

With that in mind, if someone starts the client in a non-Toll supported country and they are planning a drive to a different country that has tolls supported in Waze, we may have a limitation.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App