Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
I understand you all, but have to agree with DIASHI, that "white on gray on a light-blue background" is indeed a too easily overseeable element. (I'd even like to see the corresponding parts of the traffic bar timeline being marked, or dashed, whatever.)

For a similar reason I've been proposing to color the listed [1] [2] [3] Alt. routes with the same color, as they are marked in the parallel Map view - the colors stand out and are being visually identified and matched much faster, than some gray numbers in the boxes.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Waze should finally avoid hiding global options according to the current position. Including Toll roads and Gas stations. (And Speeds.)

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by fvwazing
If you have "Avoid toll" on, the first route you will get has no toll. If you ask for alternative routes the 2nd or 3rd route MAY include toll if that gives a substantial advantage. Currently these toll-using routes are not marked as such.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Given that some absolutely want to have an alternative INCLUDING toll and some want alternatives AVOIDING toll the solution can only be to show 1 alternative for each - and indicate which is toll. At least that indication is in the making.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
olestas wrote:Don't forget about indication of place of toll and amount to pay. It would be super.
Forget the amount to pay. It differs per type of vehicle, time of day, day of week, number of passengers, type of fuel, amount of traffic on other roads.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
No idea how much that is in my money, but it probably can be avoided. Did you read the wiki-section on Toll? (sorry, don't have the link on my phone)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
I assume that "time and monetary based" means that there are different pricings depending on time of day - that is of no concern in Waze. It routes WITH or WITHOUT toll, price makes no difference. As soon as you have configured 90% of your tollgantries in the map (and have them live) you can ask Waze to enable the toll-switch on the phones.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
I think xteejx wants to point out that you are posting over a particular road in a thread that is dedicated to the worldwide implications of tollroads.
As there is no specific tollroad-thread for CA you may want to put your remarks here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22205
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Or an indicator, like this? If you get a list of alternatives it is in there too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358690532.288586.jpg
(44.98 KiB) Downloaded 2953 times
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
foxitrot wrote:Please, Carlos, excuse me for the rant.
scarlogarcia wrote:Hi, I don't know if I lost that information along the thread but, currently, anyone knows how long is a "long dirty road" from the feature "avoid long ones"?
I'm sure no one knows for sure.
I never mind a good rant, foxitrot. Helps setting priorities at times!

Dirt road was last looked into maybe less than a year ago, and it SEEMED at the time a relative thing - a percentage of total route length rather than a fixed distance. Bgodette tried something in his testrig that was obliterated soon after that, if I am not mistaken. With hindsight, that may have been sabotage :evil:!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1