Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by fvwazing
davipt wrote: Update: I'm pretty sure it works. With avoid-tolls I can't ever get a route - I doubt there is proper majors and minors connections through all Portugal (I know one of the roads I need to fix here) and then through Spain and France, whilst without avoid-tolls I get one route - but timeout if I ask for alternatives. It's 1400KM to Paris.

Too bad it doesn't work for such long distances. Back in 2005-2007 navigation worked perfectly form me with Wayfinder and Nokia devices - Düsseldorf-Lisbon is 2400KM. (full disclosure: I might have been involved in the shameful destruction of Wayfinder, I apologize for my small part in it)
Expect all this to change when the roadrank-based longdistance routing is in place. Probably change for worst first, hopefully for better later ;-).
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Like this? If you get a list of alternatives it is in there too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358690532.288586.jpg
(44.98 KiB) Downloaded 3951 times
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Given the extreme diversity in prizing schemes in use worldwide - don't hold your breath. Pricing can vary upon vehicletype, number of axes, number of occupants, season, day of the week, time, traffic conditions on other roads.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Given the extreme diversity in prizing schemes in use worldwide - don't hold your breath. Pricing can vary upon vehicletype, number of axes, number of occupants, season, day of the week, time, traffic conditions on other roads.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
DIASHI wrote:

Make it red?

Yes, and have it blink and make it bigger. I agree with you that it is easily overseen. And don't listen to the young folks, by the time they need glasses they will be happy to have a big red blinking toll-sign too.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by g0wfv
I've not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been requested previously!

After a journey which involved a suggested route along the M6 toll, I enabled the avoid toll option to get a more 'pocket friendly' route, only to 'forget' to disable it on a journey where the expected route would have been the Dartford Crossing. The suggested route on that trip was via the Blackwall Tunnel, thus doing what it should, but not an ideal route for me!

I would like to see an 'avoid toll roads' option on a per journey basis. Some toll roads I prefer to avoid (ie M6 toll) whereas others I don't mind as the alternative route is a little convoluted (ie Dartford Crossing or Humber Bridge!)

Perhaps a popup that only appears if the global avoid is unselected and the route suggested then contains a toll road?
g0wfv
Send a message

Post by g0wfv
fvwazing wrote:Or an indicator, like this? If you get a list of alternatives it is in there too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358690532.288586.jpg
Do you know, I've never noticed that! I'll get back in my box then :D
g0wfv
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Hi, I'm an editor in the United States. I've been getting complaints from people being routed onto toll roads, but they claim "avoid toll roads" is selected in the client.

I have verified in the editor the roads are properly marked as toll roads, and can confirm I'm never routed onto them myself (I have avoid toll roads checked) when going on trips where the toll roads are unquestionably faster.

Any suggestion on what those drivers should do? I'm guess try toggling it off and on a few times, and if it doesn't work, try reinstalling Waze?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by harling
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Looks like US has the avoidance option now. Yay!
...and there was much rejoicing.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.