Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by magfro
Toll roads doesn't work in Stockholm, Sweden. We have a system where toll roads are around downtown Stockholm with no other option than to go through the toll road to get downtown. With no other option available, Waze shows a "uh-uh" error when trying to calculate a route.

It works fine routing around the downtown area, where other streets are available to use but when there is no other solution than to go via a toll road it dowsn't work. Shouldn't Waze understand that and use a toll road anyway?
magfro
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Attachments
Area Manager of Småland and south of Stockholm, Sweden (INTL)

Post by magfro
davipt wrote:anyway back to your point, if you route to downtown, you don't even get the "routes" options? you should get the 2nd and 3rd alternative with tolls, so it looks like an extra bug where if the first route itself is toll, the client barfs. :(
I don't get any options at all. All I get is the "uh-uh" message telling me it can't find any route.
If I turn of the avoid toll road option everything works fine.

You would probably be able to try this yourself by searching for "Lidingo, Sweden" (inside toll zone and gives uh-uh message) and "Solna, Sweden" (which is outside toll zone and works). These places are approx 10 km from each other.
magfro
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by magfro
I have done that now, thanks!
magfro
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MiguePR
Hello,

I am from Puerto Rico (U.S. Territory) and traveled to Texas. While in Texas, I activated the avoid toll option. I forgot to deactivate it when I left and now in PR the option is not available. However, the routes that Waze is giving me are avoiding toll roads.

1) Is there a way to deactivate this option?
2) Suggestion: If the option is not supported in a particular place, it should return to deactivated when in such place.

Thank you!
MiguePR
Send a message

Post by MooMinIL
Hello,
I've been an avid waze user for years now and there's one thing that's been bothering me quite a bit:
The preferences regarding whether or not I would like to take a toll road are lacking one major option: "toll roads as a second priority".
For someone such as myself, who lives next to a toll road that is stupid expensive but occasionally useful (depending on the traffic) the default choice of road would be the free one, as the difference in travel time is usually somewhat negligible but one in a blue moon, I'm in a hurry and that toll road starts to look rather appealing.
The problem starts when I want to check how much faster the toll road would be and whether or not it's worth my money: right now the proper course of action is to navigate through multiple settings screens and turn the toll option on, then see if it's actually a better option in the routes screen and choose my route (not to mention the fact that of course I forget to change the settings after my drive so I have to go through a similar process on my next drive).
Doing all of this during the start of my drive is annoying at best and more often than not a downright dangerous distraction if I don't have a passenger.

To solve this I suggest a new and simple solution: instead of just having a just an option to allow toll roads or block them altogether, how about a third option(let's call it the money saving option): having the toll road appear as the second choice EVEN IF IT'S FASTER. That way, in order to compare the two all I have to do is ask for alternate routes and I can see how much faster the toll road is and choose it if I please.
This solution should be fairly simple to implement and I assume would make the use of waze that much simpler for many folk such as myself.
Good day =)
MooMinIL
Send a message

Post by mpawlicki
When Avoid Toll Roads option is enabled, do you even get an option to see that route? What I mean by this is that I still would like to know the traffic times on a toll road because it may be cheaper to pay the toll and drive faster.
mpawlicki
Send a message

Post by muchomac
I have a problem with this feature. It messed up my ability to trust Waze routes.
While visiting California, I had to enable the avoid toll roads feature since I was driving a rental car and did not want to deal with the hassle.
Anyway, forgot to turn it off and flew back to Puerto Rico. Now the button disappeared but the feature is turned on. So, it is avoiding all toll roads. Well, I do believe all toll toads have been mapped in Waze for Puerto Rico. This makes it for a fun ride when Waze is now telling me to take long scenic routes and all ETAs are actually double of the usual time. Frustrating!
So, can it be turned ON in Puerto Rico, please?
muchomac
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by muchomac
Good Job. Puerto Rico is only 100x35 miles. We don't have many highways. So, tolls are very few. Most of us know where they are. The only thing that might be missing is a new express lane with toll that is opened during specific hours with heavy traffic. It is only available in one specific highway.

Anyway, I did reinstall Waze client and it is back to normal.

Thanks
muchomac
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Olestas
There also should be option to SEE, exactly WHERE the toll road is. I thought waze would WARN me when there are toll roads.. but it either includes them in route or just tries to avoid, but I do not KNOW this.. would be better to show it.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Don't forget about indication of place of toll and amount to pay. It would be super.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message