Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by pvaladares
It would be nice if the toll cost of each route could br estimated.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
It seem to be feasible.

There is already the option to choose the car picture.
It could be possible to specify the number of axes and further details.

Viamichelin has a very good example of this.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by robin1979
WeeeZer14 wrote:
zsezo wrote:Please confirm: really need a stable GPS signal to get country depended settings?
I cannot confirm, but this makes sense. Toll roads are a per-country setting so the client needs to know what country you are currently in so it can offer the proper options.

With that in mind, if someone starts the client in a non-Toll supported country and they are planning a drive to a different country that has tolls supported in Waze, we may have a limitation.
Limitation confirmed. Same goes for TTS for example. This is also on a country-based availability (when I'm in Germany for example, I only get german speech).
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
argus-cronos wrote:Strange, i have english, german, italian and french...
Ah.. Seems like they have changed something. I now have french (2x), dutch (2x) and english (2x). Anyway, this is a per-country setting as well (see the release notes of (I think) 3.1).
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by Ron760
Avoid Toll Road option is not working for me for State Highway 125 in Bonita, CA. I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS5. State Highway 125 in San Diego is definitely a toll toad. I know going on the toll road is definitely the faster route, but I do not want to pay the toll, so I want to avoid it.

I already reported this as a map issue twice, and editors they say there is not enough information. I do agree with that since I checked the map myself.

Any ideas other ideas how to make Waze avoid using Highway 125?
Ron760
Send a message

Post by Ron760
xteejx wrote:I'd suggest posting in your country / state's forum in case they're not aware of this toll.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Country is the United States.
State is California.
Ron760
Send a message
Whittier, California, United States | Royalty Wazer | Waze 4.46.2.1 | Pixel 3 | Android 9

Post by saggitas
Any way of including this option for Singapore?

I know Singapore's tolls might be quite complicated to include (it's monetary+time based), but it would be a great help as it is a money-sucker for the government.

Imagine going from home to work, passing through up to 4 gantries, and paying up to SGD10.00. And it's the same for going back home.
saggitas
Send a message
tested on a Google Pixel

Post by scarlogarcia
Hi, I don't know if I lost that information along the thread but, currently, anyone knows how long is a "long dirty road" from the feature "avoid long ones"?

I couldn't find that information within forum and support http://www.waze.com/support

Thanks,
Carlos.
scarlogarcia
Send a message

Post by scarlogarcia
foxitrot wrote:Have you already signed a NDA with Waze? No? Then imagine it as a "somewhat large value, but not too much".

Wait - has bgodette already found it out? I've possibly missed it being announced, sorry...
Since a larger measure is a subjective measurement...100 meters could be larger enoght for some issues...

Actually, some NDA are completely unnecessary, mainly when one must config his app based on a unknown size. :(
scarlogarcia
Send a message

Post by scarlogarcia
I gonna make some tests to discover it and then I'll let you know
scarlogarcia
Send a message