Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by vince1612
Waze Help - Avoid Toll roads

Routes with tolls will include a "toll" indicator next to the route to make you aware of the toll.
(Waze 4.0 https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/CvX9Y ... XGA-2s=h28 / Previous versions https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lTkUN ... CXjiIs=h24)

When Avoid toll is enabled, and that you are going through your list of possible routes, the first suggestion will always respect your setting to avoid the toll, and the other routes (if with the icon) will show you the alternatives with tolls as well. So you don't need to toggle it all the time.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
CBenson wrote:Hmm, I don't live next to a toll road so I haven't really tested this, but I've always been told that is the way works. In other words, I had thought if you asked for routes with avoid toll roads selected, you could get a toll option as the second choice.
It did work like that, but around the end of december it seems that it may have been changed by Waze, though there has been 0 confirmation or communication from staff on this. (Also I never asked them)
vince1612 wrote:
nomadwolf wrote:I'm just jumping in, but my (iPhone) client does not do this. If I have "Avoid Toll" turned on, all 3 of my route options are non-toll, even if a toll route is more than 20% faster (on a 1 hr drive).
I've just tested on my device and it does indeed seem to only show non-toll options instead of both if the option is ON now. The only way I was able, in some cases, to get both is if the avoid tolls toggle is left on OFF.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=657&t=163776&hilit=toll ... 0#p1290924

I'm not sure why they changed the results if you have it set to ON.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by WeeeZer14
zsezo wrote:Please confirm: really need a stable GPS signal to get country depended settings?
I cannot confirm, but this makes sense. Toll roads are a per-country setting so the client needs to know what country you are currently in so it can offer the proper options.

With that in mind, if someone starts the client in a non-Toll supported country and they are planning a drive to a different country that has tolls supported in Waze, we may have a limitation.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by wroadd
zsezo wrote:report:
- at this time I uninstalled waze,
- install again to check what happening in the settings/navigation menü.
- tadaaa! it's working!

I'd like to say thank you on behalf the whole hungarian waze community!
+1
wroadd
Send a message
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: Oukitel U22 & iPhone 7
Car: Soca Octavia : red

Post by yeller
shirlig wrote:Indeed!
We enabled toll roads in the US as well!

We would really appreciate your feedback about it!

Thanks,

Shirli
Thank you sooooo much. I've been dreaming of this option over the past year. Testing the new feature shows complete toll avoidance, with Waze mimicking the route I typically take (avoiding the toll). Thank you Waze.
yeller
Send a message

Post by yudi9040
Hi

Could you please add Canada as well?

Thank you
yudi9040
Send a message

Post by Z_R21
Hi. A similar situation occurs in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and several other places. There are situations that Waze forces us driving into it when it's not really necessary, and also alternative routes may lead us to the same freeway, so we don't have a possibility to have a "free" route that avoids it. I was able to try and it was working without problems (editing a file in Waze). After last update it's almost impossible to enable it, or better said, it is still posible to enable or disable, but only editing a couple of files and not via the simplicity of a menu. We hope you can add this feature soon, mainly for places where freeways with tolls exist in the same city we drive everyday. Thank you.

jokizwo wrote:Hi from Germany. It's true that we have no general toll roads but we have some points were "toll road" is used and avoiding would be wishful. For example there is a ferry over a river near my town. This is marked as toll road. I used to have the option to avoid toll roads ( yes it had been enabled!!!!?) and therefore could avoid the stupid ferry. But currently I do not have this option anymore and waze proposes the routes via this ferry (although you can easily drive by via bridges ...soooo...

Shall we get the option to avoid toll or shall we edit the ferry to non-drivable?!?!? Please advise thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Z_R21
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by Z_R21
Please, enable in Argentna also, we have some freeways with tolls in Buenos Aires, and sometimes it's not convenient to pay for a few hundred meters. It's a must for us to have this option in Waze. Thank you very much.
Z_R21
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Z_R21
Fernando, may be some wazers do not prefer those alerts (me for example :) Excesive alerts are disturbing for me, but this is my opinion). I think many freeways in the world may not have toll booths actually, may be automatic payment will prevail in the future, so may be there will be no toll booths at all any day in the future...
Fernando2021 wrote:Thanks for your reply, but what I mean is that actually it only shows that it is Toll Road, but why I need is some sort of voice warning to let know the driver that a toll booth is on the incoming road ahead (let's say 500 metres ahead and counting down).
Fernando
Z_R21
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Zirland
All toll roads in the Czech Republic was marked on July 19. We are ready to enable the feature for CZ. Please engage.
Zirland
Send a message
"The Wazebrity"