Toll roads option in the client  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

FEATURE REQUEST re navigation

Postby Drcassie8 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:10 pm

First, I love Waze! This is my request or suggestion related to navigation:

A while back, I stumbled upon the fact that I could modify navigation by going to settings and then clicking on the related link there to, for instance, avoid toll roads. But this actually involves a lot of clicking back and forth. I'm wondering if there is a way to make this option more visible from the start? And also, to allow one to see immediately if I'm in a 'no toll road' mode or whatever as I start a new search.

I hope this makes sense, and that I haven't repeated someone else's thoughts, or even worse, just totally missed something along the way. By the way I really do like the ability to avoid toll roads, etc, especially when I have time to explore a bit using back roads, knowing Waze will probably help me find my way home! I say 'probably' having found out that the internet didn't quite reach to a particular corn field in Illinois, a while back ;'). Thank you, Waze, for creating this incredible tool!
Drcassie8

Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:31 am

I agree with fvwazing, I'd want to see an alternative including the toll road.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby DIASHI » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Make it red?

DIASHI

Postby DIASHI » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:31 pm

fvwazing wrote:Too subtle, maybe?

Yes. Like very subtle
DIASHI

Postby DIASHI » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:12 am

I just got a letter from The Toll Roads - Violation Enforcement Dept.

I owe them $125 because WAZE TOOK ME THROUGH A TOLL ROAD BY DEFAULT WITH NO WARNING.

Avoiding toll roads is now checked, but it should have been checked by default to begin with. Then, if someone needs a plotted route, WAZE should ask if you want to use a toll, how much it might cost, ask if you're a FasTrack member or whatever.

I guess I'm the idiot, right? Waze just tells me where to go and in Waze I trust. Not anymore. It also took me to a complete dead end on my route while stopping at a gas station...

Do everyone a favor and integrate some kind of notice or just leave that box checked on a fresh install.

$125 down the toilet. t(-_-t) At least it's going to a private road and not one managed by an incompetent state.

Edit- Maybe the buyout is a good idea. I like you, Waze. You take me on some interesting routes that usually get me home faster than the big highways, even if it does force me to make a left over a 4-lane, 2-way road sometimes. But stuff like this is really frustrating and I want a more professional entity to develop it.
DIASHI

Postby DFranCor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 am

Hey dears,

Could you please add UAE also? Here are lot of tolls.!

Thank you in advance!!
DFranCor

Re: Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby deeggo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 am

MeX_DK wrote:Denmark only has one toll road as it is so :P. And sadly I cant change that since I am not AM of that area.

How about ferries or bridges that aren't free? You must have lots of those 8-)
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 am

foxitrot wrote:There is one major design flaw with toll roads and its implementation in the client - why the heck is the option available just when I'm physically (GPS) placed in the country(...)

Fully agree, hence why I asked at least "for some consistency over Europe"
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Pelle924 wrote:
davipt wrote:
Pelle924 wrote:Problem is, i can't activate "avoid tollroads", because i just don't have this option;)

Oh, that. But isn't there any Auto-Bahn with tolls in Deutschland? I know the ones around Düsseldorf where I lived were all free, but I had a feeling there were some (update: wikipedia says no, only trucks and electronic non-stop payment).

You can always ask for the toll road option, because Nordschleife is officially a "public road with tolls" ;)

Update: it may happen that as soon as you cross the French border you may get an server push that may enable the avoid tolls. I'm not sure about this. This is based on the knowledge that my Portuguese friends when fly to Germany or Holland will get their clients update with the German or Dutch TTS languages, but no idea about the tolls nor am sure when the update happens - right after crossing, or may need a restart, or may need some hours, sorry.

well that would be shit if waze doesn't include the nordschleife in its routing anymore.. :D but yes we have no highways with tolls, but having the "avoid toll" option would make scence, just in case you'd like getting a route through other contries (which does happen in europe ;) )

but still the question if france even is activated for toll free routing..

I've asked already for some consistency over Europe for features like avoid-tolls as we can freely drive around.

I'm sure the feature is enabled in France but I hope some French colleague can confirm it.

To further clarify non German readers the Nurbürgring Nordschleif - green hell - circuit can be driven by anyone because it's not considered a race track, but is officially "a regular one-way road with tolls". Of course the insurance companies are smart enough to find loopholes to avoid covering that *road*.

So officially there is one road with tolls and hence a reason to enable the feature!

Update: viewtopic.php?f=197&t=45045

Sent from my iTapatalk
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Pelle924 wrote:Problem is, i can't activate "avoid tollroads", because i just don't have this option;)

Oh, that. But isn't there any Auto-Bahn with tolls in Deutschland? I know the ones around Düsseldorf where I lived were all free, but I had a feeling there were some (update: wikipedia says no, only trucks and electronic non-stop payment).

You can always ask for the toll road option, because Nordschleife is officially a "public road with tolls" ;)

Update: it may happen that as soon as you cross the French border you may get an server push that may enable the avoid tolls. I'm not sure about this. This is based on the knowledge that my Portuguese friends when fly to Germany or Holland will get their clients update with the German or Dutch TTS languages, but no idea about the tolls nor am sure when the update happens - right after crossing, or may need a restart, or may need some hours, sorry.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App