Toll roads option in the client  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby DIASHI » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:12 am

I just got a letter from The Toll Roads - Violation Enforcement Dept.

I owe them $125 because WAZE TOOK ME THROUGH A TOLL ROAD BY DEFAULT WITH NO WARNING.

Avoiding toll roads is now checked, but it should have been checked by default to begin with. Then, if someone needs a plotted route, WAZE should ask if you want to use a toll, how much it might cost, ask if you're a FasTrack member or whatever.

I guess I'm the idiot, right? Waze just tells me where to go and in Waze I trust. Not anymore. It also took me to a complete dead end on my route while stopping at a gas station...

Do everyone a favor and integrate some kind of notice or just leave that box checked on a fresh install.

$125 down the toilet. t(-_-t) At least it's going to a private road and not one managed by an incompetent state.

Edit- Maybe the buyout is a good idea. I like you, Waze. You take me on some interesting routes that usually get me home faster than the big highways, even if it does force me to make a left over a 4-lane, 2-way road sometimes. But stuff like this is really frustrating and I want a more professional entity to develop it.
DIASHI

Postby DIASHI » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:31 pm

fvwazing wrote:Too subtle, maybe?

Yes. Like very subtle
DIASHI

Postby DIASHI » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Make it red?

DIASHI

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:31 am

I agree with fvwazing, I'd want to see an alternative including the toll road.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby ekngee » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 am

Any way of including this option for Singapore?

I know Singapore's tolls might be quite complicated to include (it's monetary+time based), but it would be a great help as it is a money-sucker for the government.

Imagine going from home to work, passing through up to 4 gantries, and paying up to SGD10.00. And it's the same for going back home.
tested on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ekngee

Postby ellipsis » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:52 pm

It would be nice if you could completely avoid toll roads... I turned on the option, and now during my commute in Denver, the 2nd and 3rd option are ALWAYS tolls, which is pointless to me since the toll roads are ridiculously expensive and I'm never going to take them, even to save an hour. Between work and home, going on the toll road costs me around $20. There are enough other routes on my commute that I would have other options, but they're always a couple minutes longer than the toll routes and therefore never show up.
ellipsis

Postby etatan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am

Please enable this option for Malaysia. The maps for BOTH tolled roads and roads without toll are already comprehensively comprehended in the Waze maps.

The issue I am faced with currently is the option to "avoid toll roads" was available when i used Waze while I was driving in Australia, and i turned it on in order to avoid the toll roads - as i was driving a rental car, and did not have a toll tag.

Now that I am back in Malaysia, the option has disappeared from my Waze menu (same device), and i am stuck with the option being enabled. Waze is consistently asking me to use the old trunk roads (no toll), when the tolled roads (all highways) is the better option..

Thanks!
etatan

Postby etatan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:41 am

paulkok_my wrote:Have you tried un-tick the avoid toll OR better still un-install the client and re-install back? By default when you re-install back the client, the avoid toll feature is not available for Malaysia yet. However we are in the process of getting the feature enabled for Malaysia as we have achieved the 90% target required for this feature to be enabled. You can read the toll road progress here

Many thanks paulkok_my. Re-installing the client on my device solved the problem for me. Also, thanks for the URL to the toll road update progress for Malaysia. Cheers! :D
etatan

Postby foxitrot » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am

I suspect that "no network connection" == "unsupported client state" :D
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:28 am

jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:They should make the Toll Roads work the same way as Parking Lot Roads. They got that working perfectly.

But it isn't quite that simple everywhere. Parking lots have an "exit" penalty. If a Toll Road is made of bits where some are toll and some are not, then this "exit" penalty would apply multiple times.

But that's fine...if you have tolls set to "avoid", it'll still avoid them. If you have it turned off, it would ignore the restriction.

If the driver were already on a Toll road, while his preference were "no toll" and the road would consist of an uninterrupted stretch of tolled segments, then the routing engine would have no problem to route him along the Toll road indefinitely long. But he should be navigated away, ASAP.

OTOH, If this driver decides to agree with a suggested tolled route alternative, then the routing engine could ignore his "no toll" preference, but just now and only for this particular stretch.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App