Toll roads option in the client  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby davipt » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 am

magfro wrote:
davipt wrote:anyway back to your point, if you route to downtown, you don't even get the "routes" options? you should get the 2nd and 3rd alternative with tolls, so it looks like an extra bug where if the first route itself is toll, the client barfs. :(

I don't get any options at all. All I get is the "uh-uh" message telling me it can't find any route.
If I turn of the avoid toll road option everything works fine.

You would probably be able to try this yourself by searching for "Lidingo, Sweden" (inside toll zone and gives uh-uh message) and "Solna, Sweden" (which is outside toll zone and works). These places are approx 10 km from each other.

that was my point - the system is prepared to retrieve one toll-free route and then another one or two with or without tolls. if there is no first one, it crashes.

have you reported this directly to support?
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby magfro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 am

I have done that now, thanks!
ImageImage
Area Manager of Småland and south of Stockholm, Sweden (INTL)
iPhone 6s, iOS 9
magfro
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:35 pm

davipt wrote:...What I would expect was a re-route where waze would try to make me leave the freeway on the next exit and then continue. looking at the map it kind of looks like it. but in practice it continues for the remaining of the segment and at the end of it (usually a junction with an entry or exit) it just says "you have reached your destination" and stops routing.

I don't think your assumption that it should route you off as soon as possible is a valid one. If you get onto a toll road, then the "avoid toll road" option becomes invalid as every single route contains a toll road because you are already on it. Perhaps there is a bug in the system when requesting a route in this type of situation. This is type of situation exactly where the group of people who wanted to mark the toll plaza/toll payment locations only as the toll road, actually makes some sense.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:...What I would expect was a re-route where waze would try to make me leave the freeway on the next exit and then continue. looking at the map it kind of looks like it. but in practice it continues for the remaining of the segment and at the end of it (usually a junction with an entry or exit) it just says "you have reached your destination" and stops routing.

I don't think your assumption that it should route you off as soon as possible is a valid one. If you get onto a toll road, then the "avoid toll road" option becomes invalid as every single route contains a toll road because you are already on it. Perhaps there is a bug in the system when requesting a route in this type of situation. This is type of situation exactly where the group of people who wanted to mark the toll plaza/toll payment locations only as the toll road, actually makes some sense.

I was one of the promoters of simply reusing the landmark-toll for this, but hey they're the bosses.

I didn't mean it should really route out of the toll road, just that it should route somewhere, being continuing on the toll, or leaving it asap, but not stopping at the end of the current segment ;)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:48 pm

davipt wrote:I didn't mean it should really route out of the toll road, just that it should route somewhere, being continuing on the toll, or leaving it asap, but not stopping at the end of the current segment ;)

Yes, I agree.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby shirlig » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Toll roads have been activated in Spain! Congratulations :-)
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby shirlig » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Toll roads have been activated in New Zealand!!

Woohoo!!

Thanks,

Shirli
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby ronacap » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 am

Avoid Toll Road option is not working for me for State Highway 125 in Bonita, CA. I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS5. State Highway 125 in San Diego is definitely a toll toad. I know going on the toll road is definitely the faster route, but I do not want to pay the toll, so I want to avoid it.

I already reported this as a map issue twice, and editors they say there is not enough information. I do agree with that since I checked the map myself.

Any ideas other ideas how to make Waze avoid using Highway 125?
ronacap

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:19 am

I'd suggest posting in your country / state's forum in case they're not aware of this toll.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby ronacap » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 pm

xteejx wrote:I'd suggest posting in your country / state's forum in case they're not aware of this toll.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Country is the United States.
State is California.
San Diego, California, United States | Royalty Wazer | Waze 3.6 | iPhone 4 | iOS 6.1.3
ronacap

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App