Toll roads option in the client  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Toll roads option in the client

Postby JOHN-LALA » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Dear Peter,

please excuse the rant. Posted in the D-A-CH forum (German speaking countries) as well and pointed to this thread... We'll see what happens. TY for your response.
JOHN
JOHN-LALA

Postby jokizwo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi from Germany. It's true that we have no general toll roads but we have some points were "toll road" is used and avoiding would be wishful. For example there is a ferry over a river near my town. This is marked as toll road. I used to have the option to avoid toll roads ( yes it had been enabled!!!!?) and therefore could avoid the stupid ferry. But currently I do not have this option anymore and waze proposes the routes via this ferry (although you can easily drive by via bridges ...soooo...

Shall we get the option to avoid toll or shall we edit the ferry to non-drivable?!?!? Please advise thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
waze pioneer
jokizwo

Postby kiki-rovinj » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 am

Hi,
Croatia has 99% of toll roads included.
Please enable even Croatia.
Thanks.
Kristijan
Waze 3.7.7 • iPhone 5 • iOS 7.0.4, Waze 3.7.7 • iPhone 4 • iOS 7.0.4 • Waze 3.7.7 • iPhone 3GS-JB • iOS 6.1.3
Croatian Community Leader • Croatian Forum Moderators • Feed Country Manager
kiki-rovinj
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby lakeyboy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:33 am

I've checked if all Australian toll roads have been done (as per this thread: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=23108&p=226572#p226572) and apart from a couple of minor fix-ups, every toll road is tagged. So please enable toll roads for Australia :)
ImageImage
Proud Melburnian and Country Manager for Australia. 196,000+ map edits and counting! Current worldwide rank: 340
Waze Australia Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WazeAustralia
lakeyboy
Australia Waze Champs
Australia Waze Champs

Postby lakeyboy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Just thought of this suggestion while driving today.

I drove onto a toll road (on purpose) while I had Waze set to avoid them. Currently with that setting on, Waze will pretend the toll road does not exist at all on the map while you drive on it (It does the same thing as would driving somewhere where Waze has no map data). I personally think that instead, Waze should calculate and route you the shortest way to get off the toll road, then resume normal navigation with no tolls.

Is this something that is being worked on or is it just the way the 'avoid toll roads' feature is programmed?
ImageImage
Proud Melburnian and Country Manager for Australia. 196,000+ map edits and counting! Current worldwide rank: 340
Waze Australia Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WazeAustralia
lakeyboy
Australia Waze Champs
Australia Waze Champs

Postby magfro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 am

Toll roads doesn't work in Stockholm, Sweden. We have a system where toll roads are around downtown Stockholm with no other option than to go through the toll road to get downtown. With no other option available, Waze shows a "uh-uh" error when trying to calculate a route.

It works fine routing around the downtown area, where other streets are available to use but when there is no other solution than to go via a toll road it dowsn't work. Shouldn't Waze understand that and use a toll road anyway?
Attachments
bild.PNG
bild.PNG (156.09 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
Area Manager of Småland and south of Stockholm, Sweden (INTL)
iPhone 5, iOS 7, Waze 3.7
magfro

Postby magfro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 am

davipt wrote:anyway back to your point, if you route to downtown, you don't even get the "routes" options? you should get the 2nd and 3rd alternative with tolls, so it looks like an extra bug where if the first route itself is toll, the client barfs. :(

I don't get any options at all. All I get is the "uh-uh" message telling me it can't find any route.
If I turn of the avoid toll road option everything works fine.

You would probably be able to try this yourself by searching for "Lidingo, Sweden" (inside toll zone and gives uh-uh message) and "Solna, Sweden" (which is outside toll zone and works). These places are approx 10 km from each other.
magfro

Postby magfro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 am

I have done that now, thanks!
magfro

Postby MeX_DK » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Denmark only has one toll road as it is so :P. And sadly I cant change that since I am not AM of that area.
Flemming J., Denmark
Area Manager: Triangle Area, SEJ, Denmark
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 iGT9300, Android 4.1.1, Waze 3.2.2.2
MeX_DK

Postby mpawlicki » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 am

When Avoid Toll Roads option is enabled, do you even get an option to see that route? What I mean by this is that I still would like to know the traffic times on a toll road because it may be cheaper to pay the toll and drive faster.
mpawlicki

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App