These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by brechtaerts
Hey guys,

So whenever i try to start up waze on android auto it works for like a minute, then the map just turns black. I can still push notifications and start a route but it wont show the map.

I am using a oneplus 3 together with opel intellilink r4.0 in an opel corsa 2016.

Thanks
brechtaerts
Send a message

Post by bruneelm
GoodLookinBloke wrote:FYI, sometimes Waze won't navigate for me, the solution is to choose a new place to navigate to and then choose the original destination

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
I had the same problemw as mentioned on my oneplus
No GPS lock, no navigation start even when on the route ...
I've installed GPS keeper lite and the problem on 5T is gone.

I've bought another cheap smartphone for in the car (Android 10)
Behavior of Waze under Android auto 10 is totally different concerning traffic jams, no max speed indication anyone more
I've to find out what kind of setting can be put on where
bruneelm
Send a message

BrunoMoraisMatos
Send a message

Post by BStirling7
So if the solution is to ROLLBACK, why doesn't Google send out the previous version to fix the issue? That would make too much sense, but of course, it would require admitting an error, something that is not really bad but just seems like it might be. Google, rollback the older version so we don't have to keep looking for a solution to show up. Google is losing credibility and MAPS just doesn't look good on AA as the green window is just way too big, about 35-40% of the screen.
BStirling7
Send a message

Post by buzzintx
I am trying to use Waze via Android Auto on my LG G6 with my Kenwood DMX7705S. I will launch just fine but freezes after a couple of minutes, I can use Waze just fine by accessing Kenwood Weblink. Please get on top of this issue for all involved here.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
buzzintx
Send a message

Post by buzzintx
No power saving mode is turned on. I've tried everything suggested, at this point as long as I can access Waze through Kenwood Weblink doesn't matter now. I'm done with all the troubleshooting.....

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
buzzintx
Send a message

Post by c38d69ab682b4eb1aedaaed61cdc3441
zaphodb42 wrote:This is a pretty important feature, and would actually be EASIER to do on the larger car display than on a phone, but it isn't an option.
I have a Ford Fusion with Sync 3, so I have full touch screen.
I also can't do this with a Ford Focus ST-3.
One of the Roads on my Route has been shut for 3 weeks now.
And still it tries to route me via this every day.

Google Maps knows about it, so why not Waze?

It's crazy you can't report a Closed Road.
c38d69ab682b4eb1aedaaed61cdc3441
Send a message

Post by ca7f9e20c8a34104a8542a9e2d0264b9
I have version 4.58 and Waze still loses the GPS lock when used with Android Auto
ca7f9e20c8a34104a8542a9e2d0264b9
Send a message

Post by ca_zamo
Same issue with my 3 months old Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. To date, I have had no issue as it relates to GPS and Waze. However, back 3 weeks ago, I have chosen to update Android Auto, then immediately noticed the huge delay in the reported location. I have uninstalled Android Auto, Waze, reinstalled, everything went back to normal. Today, I have noticed the same issues, running on the older AA version. I am not sure when Waze auto updated, I am on v4.55.3.0.

It is now showing either 'Waze is connecting to GPS' or "No GPS. Showing approximate location".

Google Maps works well, there is no issue.

I have not done anything to the phone, rooted or installed any weird applications.
ca_zamo
Send a message

Post by cadd918
+1 with Galaxy S9 on Android Auto.

Maps works perfectly fine.
But waze doesn't get GPS lock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cadd918
Send a message