These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Ex_F15_AIS
I have:
AA 4.8594324-RELEASE
Waze 4.57.1.0

I am using Samsung Galaxy S7 going into A Hyundai Sonata with most current media/nav software.

This configuration currently works fine after uninstalling and reinstalling above apps as clean installs. However, the AA integrated Google Assistant sometimes stops working. I have removed actual GA app in case there was issue with duplicity.
Ex_F15_AIS
Send a message

Post by f13391d5531c4cee99725e620a1da245
Hello,

Same problem here with latest AA update and on 2 different phones (not samsung):
* android one phone xiaomi mia3 (stock android 9.0)
* xiaomi mi9t (MIUI 11)

Waiting for waze to come back with a solution.

Tx
f13391d5531c4cee99725e620a1da245
Send a message

Confirming that with new AA update that is still not working OK. @WAZE Team, please fix that asap
Send a message

I just drove and tried on my Xiaomi MI9T (MIUI 11 - Android 9) and it seems that is working correctly now.
Can other ppl confirm that this works for them ?
Send a message

I just drove and tried on my Xiaomi MI9T (MIUI 11 - Android 9) and it seems that is working correctly now.
Can other ppl confirm that this works for them ?
Send a message

Post by f465gt
Hi,
I remember that I had issues with the log-in in Waze when I was using it on two devices. On my phone it randomly forgot my account and my points. The only solution to that was to completely remove Waze and delete the app's data before that. After re-installing it, it worked again.
On my 2020 Subaru Outback it is working with AA w/o any issues.

If you are really unlucky it is down to VW's multimedia system. I think on the Passat it is still the pre Golf 8/ID.3 system, but I am not entirely sure. The latter are having numerous troubles with the OS.
f465gt
Send a message

Post by f_speedi30
Hi dears,

I use always Waze , for me, is the best app in the car.

1) I had a problem since few weeks, when I listen spotify in AA with Waze, when Waze plays some alert or some instruccion with voice of Waze, (from my phone speark, I dont use Bt option) lows the volume of the active song in Spotify and can't turn the volume again of the song until u change to the next song. I use Android Auto and the audio of Spotify works fine in the car speakers.

This happen in a new P30 with Android 9, but in my old LG v20 with Android 8 I had same problem until one day dissapears.

With google maps, this bug, doesnt occur!

¿any idea how to solve this? it's a very silly problem but very annoying

2) with the new Android Auto interface now the menu of Waze is displayed in the middle of my Hyundai I30 8" screen.... looking bad, and some alerts are overlap with the previous alert, before with old AA this thing doesnt happent! Its a know problem ??

Best Regrads
f_speedi30
Send a message

Post by FA57HEMi
I see one person has mentioned this previously but its buried in hundreds of other comments with no response i could see.

From what i can tell Waze does not function properly in Android Auto where a non-touchscreen device is used, i.e. Mercedes inbuilt system.

You can use Google voice assistant to search an address i Waze, but then no ability to select. Likewise any warning popups cannot be dismissed etc. as no way to interact.

Any plan on rectification of these issues ?
FA57HEMi
Send a message

Post by Fantiniastic
Tradd11 wrote:Anyone else having issues with the Report button or any of the touch screen functions not working. The three little lines is the only thing that works sometimes and then once in that menu I can't scroll up or down. The mic button doesn't work. When a hazard pops up I can't interact with that either.
Hey there, came here to report the same problem. Seems like after the latest update I can no longer press the buttons in the middle of the screen.

My nav screen works perfect otherwise, all Sync 3 options are fully functional and all Android Auto apps work fine. Its just Waze (and Google Maps) that are no longer allowing me to press buttons in the middle of the screen (horizontal aspect).

I have noticed if I press above an item (especially the list of previous locations) it will select the item below it. Might be a calibration issue?

I have the latest version of Sync 3 (3.0) and have a Galaxy Note 9 with the latest OS.
Fantiniastic
Send a message

Post by Fastindy85
hello, i would also like to chime in and say that i started getting the same problem recently after the latest waze update. For my case, the gps randomly drops in and out. My initial thought was that it was due to my phone being old, a 7year old phone samsung galaxy S4 running Android 5.0.1. I also have wipe out my phone completely in an attempt to fix the issue but the problem still occurs.

I am hopeful that this is a waze software issue and that im not forced into spending $900+ to get a new phone
Fastindy85
Send a message