These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Theoneontheroad1
I only able to Navigate to destination from search, but won't work if i tap on the map. Anyone else able to get this to work?
Theoneontheroad1
Send a message

Post by therealwheely
Since about a week now I'm using Waze in my car with Android Auto. I like it very much but there is a problem with the Visual Reporting Menu.

On my phone it is fully visible but on my car display only half the buttons are visible. Also there is no scrollbar to access the rest of the buttons. See the attached screenshot.

It is there some setting in Waze or on my phone that I can change or is it a bug?
I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge with the latest Android 7 version. My car is an Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa from 2016 with Intellilink 4.0.
Waze visual reporting menu 1.jpg
Screenshot Visual Reporting Menu
(92.5 KiB) Downloaded 4945 times
therealwheely
Send a message

Post by TheSkeptic1
Blackpleasure wrote: Another thing I noticed, is that my displayed location is usually 50-100 meters behind may real position, which was not the case before (obviously there was some delay, but not so big). This is very frustrating when navigating in small streets.
And the last thing I noted, is the following: If I start the car and connect my phone with AA to the car while I'm in a garage, where obviously no GPS signal is present, even when I leave the garage and the car is outside with perfect GPS signals, Waze still can't get hold of my location, but Google Maps can. After this, reconnecting the phone to the car doesn't help. Only by time will it start working again, until then I need to use Google Maps. Even force-closing the apps (AA and Waze), restarting the phone doesn't help... it seems it just needs time... approximately 5-10 minutes to be able to get GPS signal again.
This has been exactly my experience over the last month or so (presumably after the latest updates to AA and/or Waze), but no matter how long I drive, Waze never catches back up in terms of obtaining my GPS location. Google Maps works fine (not flawlessly, but usable). This is definitely a twofold problem of both AA and the apps themselves we use for GPS and navigation.
TheSkeptic1
Send a message

Post by TheSkeptic1
HernanCavagni wrote:I think Waze should stand firm against Google to verify what's going on.
Google owns Waze...

I too have been experiencing the symptoms described over the last couple of pages in this thread (and others), for over a month. I didn't know I was running 4.7, just installed 4.8 but am not hopeful given what I've been reading. Going to try the whole "run Maps and keep it open with the phone unlocked while using Waze on AA" thing and see if that works since some have reported it does.

Note 9, Android 9
TheSkeptic1
Send a message

Post by TheSkeptic1
A few updates on my part, having tried nearly (if not every) suggestion posted in the forums at this point:
•Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9. OS is version 9.
•Vehicle: MK7 VW Golf R
•Updating Android Auto to version 4.8.594324 made no difference
•Current Waze rev: 4.57.2.0
•Enabling the "Stay Awake" feature in Developer Options made no difference
•Under Apps>Special Access>Optimize battery usage, I've got AA and Waze exempt from this (they are not enabled in the list).
•Switching from standard USB>USB C cable to a USB3.1>USB C cable made no difference. *Solution not posted here, but rather within one of the VW forums I'm a member of*
•Disabling any mechanism in either application that is intended to save battery or permit the phone to "sleep" while in use.
•Received confirmation and acknowledgement of the issue of GPS not being obtained and/or kept within Waze when using in AA by both the AA and Waze support teams. Both indicating that a fix is in the works.
•Issue continues for me; it does not matter which version of software I use, it does not matter what cable I use. Waze will - at best - obtain my GPS location after a severe delay, not at all, loses it after mere seconds, or refreshes and "sticks". I've experienced an innumerable combination of the above, going back to October (maybe even earlier). Google Maps works almost flawlessly in AA for me. It occasionally refreshes and then plays "catch up", but it does catch up. Waze works independent of AA, but not within it.

Edit: after posting this, I've updated AA to 4.9.594934, and updated Waze to the 4.58.01 beta. The only noticeable thing this achieved was to show Waze on the AA app on my phone screen upon opening it. Once my phone was connected to my car with a destination pre-set in Waze beforehand, the same symptoms occurred as before. In fact, now Maps has become even more finicky through AA than it was before. I'm not hopeful that the next Play Store releases of either app will fix this, at least not for Samsung Galaxy users on Android 9.
TheSkeptic1
Send a message
Last edited by TheSkeptic1 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by TheSkeptic1
usa_r7o9uqu2 wrote:A few updates on my part, having tried nearly (if not every) suggestion posted in the forums at this point:
•Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9. OS is version 9.
•Vehicle: MK7 VW Golf R
•Updating Android Auto to version 4.8.594324 made no difference
•Current Waze rev: 4.57.2.0
•Enabling the "Stay Awake" feature in Developer Options made no difference
•Under Apps>Special Access>Optimize battery usage, I've got AA and Waze exempt from this (they are not enabled in the list).
•Switching from standard USB>USB C cable to a USB3.1>USB C cable made no difference. *Solution not posted here, but rather within one of the VW forums I'm a member of*
•Disabling any mechanism in either application that is intended to save battery or permit the phone to "sleep" while in use.
•Received confirmation and acknowledgement of the issue of GPS not being obtained and/or kept within Waze when using in AA by both the AA and Waze support teams. Both indicating that a fix is in the works.
•Issue continues for me; it does not matter which version of software I use, it does not matter what cable I use. Waze will - at best - obtain my GPS location after a severe delay, not at all, loses it after mere seconds, or refreshes and "sticks". I've experienced an innumerable combination of the above, going back to October (maybe even earlier). Google Maps works almost flawlessly in AA for me. It occasionally refreshes and then plays "catch up", but it does catch up. Waze works independent of AA, but not within it.

Edit: after posting this, I've updated AA to 4.9.594934, and updated Waze to the 4.58.01 beta. The only noticeable thing this achieved was to show Waze on the AA app on my phone screen upon opening it. Once my phone was connected to my car with a destination pre-set in Waze beforehand, the same symptoms occurred as before. In fact, now Maps has become even more finicky through AA than it was before. I'm not hopeful that the next Play Store releases of either app will fix this, at least not for Samsung Galaxy users on Android 9.
After applying the updates to AA (4.9.594934) and Waze (4.58.01 beta), I initially had no success. I force-closed Maps, Waze, and AA and then cleared cache from all apps. Tested twice with Waze in AA after doing this on 2 separate drives (I call this out because it means both AA/Waze launched correctly and functioned even after disconnecting/reconnecting the USB cable in my car to initiate them).

I will also add that as of the update to the version of AA I mentioned above, it actually opens the app and displays it on my phone as well as opening in my car's infotainment system. I think this was their "fix" by way of keeping the AA app active on both places. There is no consequence to pressing the home button or navigating to another app outside of AA; everything continues to work, it's just an added step.
TheSkeptic1
Send a message

Post by TheSkeptic1
rlh6805 wrote:
When will this update be available to the masses?
Pull it from APK mirror.
TheSkeptic1
Send a message

Post by TheSkeptic1
cadd918 wrote:Just got an update for AA 4.9.594934

But Waze still haven't updated yet. My Waze is still 4.57.2.0
Pull it from APK mirror.
TheSkeptic1
Send a message

Post by TheSnakeRM
On my mobile when in traffic and in an average speed check zone it shows a progress bar on the side of my mobile screen, but doesn't on Android Auto. I think it is an excellent feature and wonder if it can be added to Android Auto.
TheSnakeRM
Send a message

Post by thetoptog
I have just read the post regarding power saving mode on S7 and I turned off power saving mode on my S8 and bingo waze works on my jvc AA head unit. Thanks :)
thetoptog
Send a message