These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by edwinsaw
Using waze on android auto in my Civic 2016 caused the whole system to crash and now I cannot switch navigation back to Maps. Anyone know how to switch it back to Maps other than onscreen selection?
edwinsaw
Send a message

Post by EireExpress
Just got a 2018 Honda CR-V EX with AA. When navigating with Waze, any audio I'm playing (Spotify thru AA or FM, SiriusXM), the volume fades loud and soft every 2s. I have sound turned off in Waze, Play Sound to phone speaker turned off. If I use Google Maps on AA, there's no issue. I'd prefer to use Waze. Anyone else with this issue? I'm on Waze v4.45.1.0.
EireExpress
Send a message

Post by elbartob
Same here, S9 and VW Android Auto...
elbartob
Send a message

Post by emersonmsd
I have been using WAZE for two weeks now. I have never used it on my phone really just with AA in my 2017 KIA Sorento. The only thing that I have found is that when looking for a petrol station with AA it seems to look for the word "petrol" which means the next one is 70 km away. If I look on the phone it tells me correctly Slovnaft 0.6 km. So something is not quite right there.
emersonmsd
Send a message

Post by emersonmsd
Thanks for the link
emersonmsd
Send a message

Post by etv99
Hi,

also using Android Auto and Waze on my Oneplus 6 - all versions are the latest.

I have sometimes the problem, when using Google Assistant and/or google reading of my new messages (sms, hangouts & co) during driving with waze my update of the map is frozen, also speed and speedlimits are frozen, but the left routing-window is working!

One thing that would be good in android auto, to have the same options when reporting a wrong speedlimit like in the app. So you only report a "wrong speed limit" and not the correct one! So the map-editor has to ask about it....one click more to set the right speed would be great!

thanks
tom
etv99
Send a message
Wazer Level 1

.....alle haben eine Signatur, nur ich nicht :? .....

Post by EveJonesDino
I've been happily using Waze with AA on our Subaru since we got it. A few days ago, it offered me an update when I plugged my phone into USB. I accepted the update and it's very handy except:When Waze speaks or or makes alert sounds while I'm listening to music, it turns the music volume down. It used to turn the music volume back to where it had been and now it does not.

LG G8 (Android 9); Android Auto 4.6.593334-release; Waze 4.53.3.0
EveJonesDino
Send a message

Post by Ex_F15_AIS
usa_yq852yvd wrote:Waze update few weeks ago broke my navigation!! Waze was working fine then the Android auto update hit. Since then Waze won't track my movements in my car. As soon as my phone screen goes dark the nav arrow turns to a dot and no navigation. If I "wake" my phone up then Waze re-acquires and tracks. However as soon as the screen goes dark the acquisition fails. I've looked all over the phone settings and find that nothing has changed except the Waze update. Google Maps works fine and consistently
I am also having same situation. I have gone so far as to install old car navigation and media system in Hyundai Sonata to no avail; then reinstalled updated system in car with same reuslts. I uninstalled and reinstalled Android Auto and Waze in Galaxy S-7. Google Maps works fine when phone screen goes dark; however, as soon as screen goes dark for Waze, tracking stops. I find myself, pressing the home button every few minutes to reactivate Waze. I discounted the recent car system update as the old system worked fine with AA and Waze, but no more. This just leaves AA and Waze. I speculate Waze is the issue as all other apps running to the car through AA function fine.
Ex_F15_AIS
Send a message

Post by Ex_F15_AIS
I have a Galaxy S-7. It started working this evening. The only thing different was that I had the phone WiFi turned off. I tried Power Saver in both on & off to no avail. With the phone WiFi turned off (the AA WiFi setting was no help), Waze worked for me.
Ex_F15_AIS
Send a message

Post by Ex_F15_AIS
Mine began to work a week or so ago after finding that I had to have AA settings open and screen on continuously for Waze to work. I nuked AA, Waze, and Google Assistant from phone (Galaxy S7); and cleared everything from Google's Myactivity. I installed AA and Waze only and went through the entire installation as if new, to include Voice Activation, etc. I did not reinstall Google Assistant (GA)-AA seems to have its own; I give voice commands through AA without need of the GA app. I am not saying there is a correlation between AA/Waze and GA, but I only use GA in AA, and AA has its own. After full clean install, Waze now works as designed. BUT, there is always a but....the GA in AA does not always work now, requiring I scroll through contacts to dial when GA stops working.
Ex_F15_AIS
Send a message