These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by gaetan_d
doeyyy wrote:Hey everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar problem/solution.

I drive an Audi (so everything is searched with voice commands) and then selected with the wheel dial (non touch screen).
Using this function, about 10% of my searches via android auto will give incorrect locations.
For eg,
- I will ask google assistant to navigate me to "Anytime fitness, cabramatta" (nsw australia)
- It will then say "handing off to waze"
- It will then show up the correct address in the search bar "Anytime fitness, 169 hume highway, cabramatta NSW"
- Top search results will show an address in liverpool (2 suburbs away) and then it gets worse from there. I can't do manual searches on my phone when in android auto.
- Doing a manual search on my waze APP will give correct searches on both my "places" and "google" search

The only way to avoid this issue would be to search for locations ahead of time and then use the history to renavigate once I'm using android auto.

Does anyone know a fix for this?
Hi,
I have exactly the same behavior in Belgium on my OnePlus 6 and Ford mondeo.
When a search gives a correct result (less than 1 case on 3), it is the last of the list. (it is always correct on phone interface)
Moreover, if I click on that result and I ask to start the trip, the navigation does not start. I have to do again the location search, select again the correct result and then the navigation is starting...
For sure, waze for android auto is not yet mature.
gaetan_d
Send a message

Post by galaad112
Dear all,
I check quickly and I did find this question (I am sure it is somewhere).  I am a french user of waze on android auto and I was wondering why on waze AA we cannot claimed that a road is blocked. It is one of the most usefull option of waze and it is not working on AA. Do you have some tricks or do you know if it will be fix in the coming months?
Have a nice day
Pierre
galaad112
Send a message

Post by galaad112
jm6087 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:07 pm
galaad112 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:46 am Dear all,
I check quickly and I did find this question (I am sure it is somewhere).  I am a french user of waze on android auto and I was wondering why on waze AA we cannot claimed that a road is blocked. It is one of the most usefull option of waze and it is not working on AA. Do you have some tricks or do you know if it will be fix in the coming months?
Have a nice day
Pierre

This is a limitation of Android Auto, not location.  There is currently not a way to report road closures on Android Auto.

Thanks for the quick reply..... Hope it will change one day.....

galaad112
Send a message

Post by GeeGeew00t
Has anyone here experienced the report button having a mind of its own on v4.5? Disappears and then reappears (that is if it chooses to come back).
GeeGeew00t
Send a message

Post by Geluro
I use AA in Hyunday Elentra and i can not search anymore locations while im driving. I must stop, crash the handbrake and then i can search . Is a bug or is part of "pay attention to the road"?
Geluro
Send a message

Post by Georgebaiiiiiiiii
It happens when the screen is turnig off
Georgebaiiiiiiiii
Send a message

Post by georgenqueiroz
I've been using Waze since it was released for beta tests. One of the main issues I found is that the app freezes wenever my cellphone loses signal. Usualy this happens when I'm traveling. I reported this issue at waze.centercode.com about four months ago, but it was not solved yet, at least for me. So, my question is: is anybody facing the same issue?

Ps: I managed to reproduce it inside an elevator (as my cellphone looses signal inside of it). Please check the video:

At 00:15, the phone lost signal and then I tried to move and resize the map, but the screen was frozen.

At 01:45, i turned the airplane mode on and then I was able to move the map again.
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
George Queiroz

Post by georgenqueiroz
Pete_Ang wrote:So according to your video AA Waze do use mobile signal and rightly so but is it only for data and not gsm location? Perhaps I will try later in an open location with data off and see if it still tracks the location.
In this video, the handset was set to use High Accuracy Location mode (GPS, Wi-fi, bluetooth, and Cellular networks). I also tried the Battery Saving mode (Wi-fi, bluetooth, and cellular netroks), and Device only (GPS), but the issue happened in all cases.

Note that even if Waze couldn't get the location, the map shouldn't freeze. It's interesting that if I set Airplane Mode on, then the map comes back to live again.

It seems the map freezes wenever Waze is not able to use mobile data connection.
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
George Queiroz

Post by georgenqueiroz
Pete_Ang wrote:On my current phone, I don't have any option except to turn on/off location. However, I just drove through a tunnel and indeed Waze stopped updating my location on the map once in the tunnel. I am pretty sure data connection is still available as it is in the city and I switched to Google Map and it does not have this issue. I'm using Waze with AA on the head unit but alas forgot to check if I could still pan the map as I was rushing to my destination and I was not sure which exit to take so I had to quickly switch to Google Map
Thanks for your help, but maybe I didn't explain the issue correctly. The problem is that the map freezes completly when the cellphone loses mobile signal, but still has GPS signal. When this happens, I can't move the map using my fingers, or even open other Android Auto Apps. The only way to solve this is to disconect the phone from the car and reconect it again. Many roads don't have mobile coverage in my Country. Sometimes I drive about 150 km with no cell coverage. For this reason, I face this issue every time I travel by car.
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
George Queiroz

Post by georgenqueiroz
Pete_Ang wrote:Ok this leaves me speechless...

Have you guys tried reporting these faults using the below method? I will try it one of these days when I have more time in the car.

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... 9164054931
Pete_Ang, thank you again. I followed your suggestion and reported this issue using this url.
aarongifford wrote:Hi I've had the same issue for a couple years. I drive through a mountain pass every day with no cell service for about 15 minutes, and usually 2 times out of 3 Waze needs to be rebooted. Most of the times during reboot it freezes, then I get a message that the app is not responding. Once I get through that then sometimes it works again the first time, or I reboot the phone and restart.
Are you a Beta Tester? If so, could you do me a favor? Please go to waze.centercode.com and search for WAA-0033. Once you find it, click on "Me Too" button.
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
George Queiroz