Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by thiagofr435
Yes. I have the same problem.
I upgraded my S9+ and presented this problem.

Will it be an android or waze bug?
thiagofr435
Send a message

Post by thiagofr435
Acho que voce eh brasileiro, entao vou escrever em portugues.
Pretendo dar um hard reset no celular pra ver se arruma.
thiagofr435
Send a message

Post by thiagofr435
The reset did not work, the error continues to occur. I'm annoyed with the situation, I use the waze every day and it bothers me too much this bumpy look.
You said that the team already know, did you report them?

Please, if you can fix it, post the solution here.
thiagofr435
Send a message

Post by thndrwlf
moymike wrote:Just loaded AA on my S7, and being a long time user of Waze, I'm looking to use it on AA. I am using just my phone (which is in a holder on the dash) and all I seem to be able to get is Google Maps.

I've tried long pressing the navigation, I've looked at the application defaults for both Maps and Waze. I don't see any way to tell AA to use Waze instead of Maps on my phone.
I'm having the same issue! I stopped using AA for this reason but I love the app! I really wish someone would fix this! Even when I open links in my browser they default to Maps and Waze isn't even a choice just browser or Verizons navigation app are listed alternative. I think the problem is Waze for this reason!
thndrwlf
Send a message

Post by thuan74
fishyweb wrote:Waze navigation is mostly working fine with AA for me. I have the following feedback though:
  • I'm in the UK where we drive on the left. The direction icons for navigating roundabouts are shown as if driving on the right. I don't think this used to be the case, pre-AA.
  • I have sound set to "Alerts only". However, when I report a hazard / congestion, the "Thanks, you've helped nearby Wazers" is spoken out loud! Again, that never used to be the case pre-AA.
  • The speed limit and compass needle are not being displayed.
  • The destination history seems a bit curtailed compared to how it was when running directly on the phone.
Other than that, I am really pleased to have Waze on my AA-enabled car :)

In case it is relevant, this is in a Hyundai Ioniq with a Moto X Style, Waze app v4.27.0.1.
Same issue here in Australia with the turn by turn at the roundabouts, the map is showinging the correct path but the turn by turn icon is showing the right hand turn.
thuan74
Send a message

Post by TiagoImhof
mifisarte wrote:
Guspreciado wrote:Having Problem with Android Auto beta, it shows a message that says "it looks like Waze hasn't been setup for the 1st time yet. Please open Waze on your phone and complete the setup". I have been using it for years. Any inputs or just wait for a new update?
Same here.

I am not able to use Waze with Android Auto.
Same here
TiagoImhof
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Answers: 1
Send a message
AM - Litoral Santa Catarina
SM - SC, PR, AM
CM - Brasil
RRT - Rapid Response Team

[Novo editor? Leia aqui primeiro]

Post by Tico_Rico
I was thinking I was the only one, but the problem has been going on for a while now. I hate to leave waze, but I don't think they are working on a fix. I hate to use google, but it is the one thing that really works now.
Tico_Rico
Send a message

Post by tigrane
MaiaMartins wrote:New interface in Waze on Android Auto, after updating to version 4.69.0.3, linked to BMW's Idrive.
Finally we have a more modern and intuitive interface :D

https://i.postimg.cc/KzJkXh0Q/20201207-180359.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/rFddHbxC/20201207-180412.jpg
intuitive??
this is the worst update ever.

Even worse on non tactiles cars
I'm looking for the latest pre update apk...
tigrane
Send a message

Post by TimDayNJ
Jeoluna wrote:I use Waze on my vehicle via Android Auto, and it works great for the most part. However, after I've selected a route, when I click on the next turn coming up, nothing happens. When I use Waze just on my phone, doing so will bring up turn-by-turn directions. I find this very helpful in previewing my route, so that I will know what's coming up. Why doesn't it work in the car's display through Android Auto? Thank you.
Agree 110%. :) Having an itinerary view would be very beneficial. Please add it to AA.
TimDayNJ
Send a message

Post by Timmytran98
New to the community,
How do I make a suggestion to the Dev team, 
The one I want to make is that in same area that suggest the destination in split screen android auto, you can put [Is the *hazard* still there] and force the multimedia to the lower right corner.
Timmytran98
Send a message