These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by GiveMeSomeOfYourTots
For about a month now I have not been able to use waze at all because every time I open the app it just says "Turn on GPS". GPS is turned on. Waze has full access to Location. I've check, double checked and triple checked all the location settings and access. I've followed all the troubleshooting tips, I've logged out and logged back in, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing has fixed this issue and I can't use Waze at all. Is anyone else having this problem?

Pixel 3XL w/ latest android version
Waze is auto-updated so it has the latest version
GiveMeSomeOfYourTots
Send a message

Post by GiveMeSomeOfYourTots
For about a month now I have not been able to use waze at all because every time I open the app it just says "Turn on GPS". GPS is turned on. Waze has full access to Location. I've check, double checked and triple checked all the location settings and access. I've followed all the troubleshooting tips, I've logged out and logged back in, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing has fixed this issue and I can't use Waze at all. Is anyone else having this problem?

Pixel 3XL w/ latest android version
Waze is auto-updated so it has the latest version
GiveMeSomeOfYourTots
Send a message

Post by gnrobinson
rickprosser wrote:I am having a new issue with Waze and AA. Used to work fine, but in the last week - when AA starts running, Waze freezes and/or goes away and I cannot open waze again until I disconnect the usb cable. Google maps seems to work fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled waze with the same results.
I am having the same problem with Android Auto on my 2017 Audi A4. It started before the latest AA update. Waze works in the app as long as the phone is not connected via USB. When connected to USB, the map and car location appear when the app launches but they do not refresh as the car moves. Google Maps works fine.
gnrobinson
Send a message

Post by GogoGriffster
I’m using AA in my car and for the life of me can’t seem to find how to hit the Reports button?? MMI is not a touch screen and all 4 directions of the wheel are for other functions. Anybody know how to open the Reports section or will it not work?

Thanks in advance.

**Edit**. Never mind, I worked it out. Turn the MMI dial dill the reports icon goes blue then press down. Not exactly intuitive but I got it now.
GogoGriffster
Send a message

Post by GoodLookinBloke
FYI, sometimes Waze won't navigate for me, the solution is to choose a new place to navigate to and then choose the original destination

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
GoodLookinBloke
Send a message

Post by gouveiaman
Hi People

I Also had the same issue as reported in the latest posts.
In my case I'm using the Waze on Android Auto with Opel Intellink 900.

The issues were the same, the sentences were spoken very loud, solved this by reducing the sound volume in the app, now it's ok, I just increase a little more the volume in the car for the AA and it's crisp and clear.

About the app freezing, the same, sometimes after receiving a call, or making one, the speedo freezes, other times the complete app freezes, other times the ETA is completely wrong, other the image is frozen but the voice comands are still spoken and correct. I was solving these problems by just killing the app on the phone, or disconnect and connect the USB cable, but this is no solution and not safe at all, as you are driving anyway

So how I solved it? Just go to the App general settings and disable the "Keep screen on" and "Keep Scren on during call"

Actually these two optins only make sense to keep on if you are using the app on the phone, on AA doesn't make sense.
Since I disabled them all the issues are gone.
gouveiaman
Send a message

Post by gouveiaman
Pete_Ang wrote: In general settings, I only see "Prevent auto-lock" and "Keep Waze on top" with an explanation on the bottom stating "Takes you back to Waze when receiving a call". Are you using an older version thus worded differently but yet same settings?
Sorry my mistake there, the options are those, I was just using the app with Portuguese Language, and the translation from English to Portuguese is not correct.

The translation from the Portuguese text to english is as I said:
in PT: "Manter o ecrã ligado" Wich means "keep screen on". The behaviour is the same as "Prevent Auto-lock" but the translation of this to Portuguese would be "Prevenir bloqueio automático" which in terms of what it means doesn't fit for the intended behaviour.
Actually I think that the text in English should be "Keep Screen On" as I guess that's the intend behaviour.

The other is "Manter no ecrã de chamada" and this one is completely wrong and doesn't even make sense. The translation of this would be "Keep on call screen".
"Keep Waze on top" does make sense and is the behaviour that is happening actually. The translation of this would be. "Manter waze no topo"

Moving ON
The former is to keep screen awake and the latter is self-explanatory so it does appear to be the same.
I agree it doesn't make sense but I'm not surprised some settings though only meant for phone use has bugs.
I don't think there is a bug, this settings are important if you use waze with the phone only.
When using AA the screen is always off, so I think that a solution for this is tell the users that these options should be disabled when using AA. Or automatically disable them when connected to AA.
If indeed so, not sure what "Prevent auto-lock" if there is a bug would cause but "Keep Waze on top" may be the bug that I along with others faced that causes Waze to open up on the phone at times and often when this happens, Waze on AA head unit display would also corrupt or freeze. I didn't notice if I have the phone call bug and the other bugs you mentioned though but maybe it's just because I don't do many calls.
I Agree with you, for sure the culprit here is the "keep waze on top".
I only described some of the issues I faced but there are many more, not just while receiving calls, or making them.
What I noticed is that the bug happens because when you receive a call on AA the screen turns on (still locked but on) same when you make a call and afterwards when you close the call.
Another thing I saw was that if I unlock the phone the Waze app was on top, and at this moment the AA screen on the car goes crazy, it seems like it is trying to mirror the phone screen at the phone size and resolution.
Other is if I started Waze on the phone and them connected it to the car and then open waze on AA, the graphics are like in bold, the map doesn't zoom as normal.
And many more issues.

As said before since I disabled those two options, I never had more problems.
Did you try "Prevent auto-lock" enabled but "Keep Waze on top" disabled? If so, what bugs remain with this combination?
I didn't tested it yet, will try it from tomorrow. But as said for AA the "Prevent Auto-lock" doesn't make sense since the screen is off anyway.
gouveiaman
Send a message

Post by gouveiaman
Similar to AA "Auto-launch" & "Use Bluetooth" settings which despite located under "Phone screen settings" yet not many users realised the options are for using AA on the phone and thus should be turned off as they may cause issues when using AA on the head unit. Before connecting the cable, the "Auto-launch" setting will cause AA to start on the phone once BT connection between the phone and head unit is established. AA uses BT individual audio settings differently by toggling media auto off once the cable is plugged in as media audio will be routed through cable to the head unit. What happened is on some head unit and phone combination, it fails to do so and even detected the BT as 2 different devices. BT will be turned on automatically anyway once the cable is connected so since some phone and head unit combination do not like BT to be already on, some users only have success if they make sure BT on the phone is off before connecting the cable. The "Use Bluetooth" setting suggest it may thus cause a looping problem with "Auto-launch.
Thank for sharing this, didn't realized that was the case, although I did had issues when I first started using AA in my car.
I still had "Auto-Lunch" enabled. I notice that from time to time, the car bluetooth doesn't connect to the phone, especially when I connect the cable before it connects the bluetooth.
I will disable it and check if this issue happens again, this is just AA related.

Thanks in advance for trying. Eager to know the outcome.
Tried it today, did lot of calls during the trip and Waze never freezed. The only thing I noticed, was that when switching from the call to waze the car symbol just disappeared for some seconds, then returned. the round shadow that is behind the symbol was still there showing the car position on the map. So far is just that.
gouveiaman
Send a message

Post by gouveiaman
npaladin2000 wrote:Running AA on my head unit, really love the convenience, but I've noticed that about 75% of the time when running Waze, I'll get the audio alert for a something (hazard, cop, etc etc) and it'll be highlighted on my route, but the pop-up dialog with "Not there" and the thumbs up won't appear at all. This is while navigating rather than driving. Any ideas what it might be? Bug? Me doing something wrong?
The issue you described is also one of the issues I've had, please check previous posts about the issues and how I solved it. Try that and tell us if it solved in your case.
Nowadays What I usually see is that if you have two consecutive alerts, the first shows the dialog, but the second (or more if there) don't pop up.
gouveiaman
Send a message

Post by graywings
[quote="BrunoMoraisMatos"]View this [/quote

Why do you think it's helpful to link an English forum to a video in Portuguese?
graywings
Send a message