These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DarekWa
MGPols wrote:Last year I learned to shut off battery optimalisation of my Samsung S8 for Waze as well for Auto Android, and after several updates later it was working well. So first checked, but it is still off.
@MGPols could you post screenshots with exact your battery optimalisation settings?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka
DarekWa
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by DarekWa
please use English language

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka
DarekWa
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by DarekWa
DrLouiss wrote:I started using waze with Android Auto 2 months ago. Soon I noticed that the trip log seen at waze->editor..was showing chuncks of route. So... for a 200km route..the trip was broken in 3-4-5 pieces. In the car..AA.waze restarted from time to time.. and few times losing the destination, forcing me to add again the destination (while driving). :evil:
In the last weekend I did a 200km trip - the drive home to destination it didn't log anything :?: ...but at return te trip was logged in one piece, so it's the first time I see the full trip in one piece. :)
So it looks like the last waze update fixed the "broken trip log" bug..or what caused it, because I updated android auto in the beginning of august and that didn't fixed the problem...so waze update did it.
what app version ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G986B przy użyciu Tapatalka
DarekWa
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by dariansdad
About 4 days ago Waze in Android Auto on Ford Sync 3 head unit stopped displaying the speed limits and speed display. I disconnected the phone from the head unit and Waze works as normal with speed limits and speed display on the phone.

Please help restore this feature.
dariansdad
Send a message

Post by DarkKnightDaytona
Add me to the list I hope waze is looking into this because I prefer to use waze over Google maps for obvious reasons.for me waze works fine until I hook it up to android auto in my 2018 Dodge Charger. Then is goes crazy screen blinking unable to pinpoint my location and is slow in operating. Just for a time frame I started having this problem around the week of 10/25/19 (Samsung Note 9)
DarkKnightDaytona
Send a message

I updated to the most recent version of waze 2 days ago and now today waze is back to the way it was before the update losing GPS and screen turning off and on.. I was a avid user of waze but now I am done.. I am going back to the more reliable Google maps. I will miss the traffic notifications but I need reliability over the extra features.
DarkKnightDaytona
Send a message

tcalvert317 wrote:
DarkKnight392 wrote:I updated to the most recent version of waze 2 days ago and now today waze is back to the way it was before the update losing GPS and screen turning off and on.. I was a avid user of waze but now I am done.. I am going back to the more reliable Google maps. I will miss the traffic notifications but I need reliability over the extra features.
I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you tried using Waze without Android Auto? I use it all of the time with great success.
Yes I have it works great without android auto but I only need it when I am in my car..
DarkKnightDaytona
Send a message

I don't have Android Auto as an option to use in any of my vehicles. I just placed my cell on a holder and go.[/quote]

Yes that is a option but much more convenient to just look at my 8" screen vs the phone screen.
DarkKnightDaytona
Send a message

tcalvert317 wrote:So, without having power save mode on there is no problem?

For me on my Samsung Note 9 power save is off and still having the same issues.
DarkKnightDaytona
Send a message

Hello fellow wazers I have been testing this out all week and it's still working. What I did was allowing AA to lock my phone and be active when plugged into the car and I have not had any issues all week. No loss of GPS and getting all of my notifications. So that may be a possible solution for some of you. Hopefully it works for you all.
DarkKnightDaytona
Send a message