These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by georgenqueiroz
balipio wrote: Not my picture, but this issue:

a couple of months ago, the directions box was aligned to the left of the screen.
Have you switched to another device recently? Maybe the alignment vary according to the phone we use. Take a look at the screenshot I took about one week ago.

In addition, you could try one of the following options:
1 - On Android Auto, go to Settings\Developer Settings, tap on Video Resolution and try different resolutions;

2 - Change the text size in the settings menu of you phone.
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
Attachments
George Queiroz

Post by georgenqueiroz
world_rgtl9bxk wrote:I have a mercedes using the MBUIX os. When I connect my Samsung s10 with the car I only see Google maps but no waze.
I've tried
- uninstalling. Reinstalling the app.
- providing more permissions to waze to use the location outside the app.
-setting waze as my default navigation on my phone

I read online that you can switch the navigation app in the android auto app. But I can't seem to find this setting.
Is there someone who had the same problem or knows how to switch waze on ?

I tried using an iphone to see if waze wasn't working with apple car play. However the waze app does show when using an iPhone.

Also the waze app itself kind of changes from the normal view to the android auto view on my phone's screen, when the phone is connected to the car.

My friend has the same car and android auto works flawless, I still have to check with him if my phone works with his care.
Hi!

Does your headunit support Android Auto and Carplay?
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
George Queiroz

Post by georgenqueiroz
meerkat_mafia wrote:The issue is that the GPS position is constantly lost with Waze, zooming out and gathering the GPS position again, lasting a few seconds before zooming out and losing the GPS position.Cheers!
Hey @meerkat_mafia!

Please enter the code ##@rawgps into the search box in the standalone app, and then click on search.
By doing that, RAW GPS will be enabled and a yellow arrow will be displayed next to the blue arrow on the map.

The yellow arrow is the actual position the GPS of your phone is reading. Please check if it seems to be correct when the issue happens.

In addition, please try to disable the battery saver settings of your phone.

I hope it helps!
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
George Queiroz

Post by GermanParchuc
same here samsung s10e
GermanParchuc
Send a message

Post by GermanParchuc
Until waze soles this problem you can download GPS LOCKER and that solves the gps issue when waze goes to the background in Android auto
GermanParchuc
Send a message

Post by GGMan1st
That's sort of good to hear.
I formatted my phone for this issue :(
GGMan1st
Send a message

Post by GGMan1st
Waze are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Mentioned in another post.
Work around, open Google maps and then Waze.
Open auto Android on the phone first and then plug into car aa
GGMan1st
Send a message

Post by GGMan1st
No but read on AA section on Waze forum that AA v4.8 has helped.
I just updated mine from v4.7, so will find out later, if it worked for me or not.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-in ... /download/
GGMan1st
Send a message

Post by gianky73
gouveiaman wrote:Hi People

I Also had the same issue as reported in the latest posts.
In my case I'm using the Waze on Android Auto with Opel Intellink 900.

[CUT]

So how I solved it? Just go to the App general settings and disable the "Keep screen on" and "Keep Scren on during call"

Actually these two optins only make sense to keep on if you are using the app on the phone, on AA doesn't make sense.
Since I disabled them all the issues are gone.

hi, thanks for your post, i have an opel astra with intellink 900 too e waze stops working after a while i'm using it.
now i have changed these 2 options and in these days i'll try waze again.. fingers crossed :D :D
gianky73
Send a message

Post by Gideono
This worked for me

Thanks
JohnKuczek wrote:I had this happening when the "Mid" "Power Saving" feature was active. It seems that it does something that impacts Waze but not Maps. None of the settings in "Power Saving" seems to eliminate it, other than turning "Power Saving" to "Off."
knight_rider12 wrote:I thought mine was the only case of this happening, quite irritating coz I installed reinstalled both waze and AA and it's still happening. Has anyone
Tried the ways screen on option yet?
CubikQ2 wrote:I'm trying to use Waze with Android Auto on an Audi Q2 and Samsung S7.

AA works brilliantly with Google Maps but with Waze the navigation stalls after a short period of time. On further investigation it seems to hang when the screen on my phone switches off - which is controlled by AA (no options to override). Pressing the home button switches the phone screen back on and Waze on the car screen comes alive again. Anyone have any ideas as obviously pressing the home button every few seconds just doesn't cut it? Back to Google Maps for the time being.
Gideono
Send a message