Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by lopaolo69
In the last weeks I see the popup asking to update the gas price is missing.
I've just checked the switch and it's on.
Why?

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by lv_guard
First - a problem with gas reporting should be fixed, otherwice it is very often prices are obsolette and don't show the real gas prices.
There is the huge bug in application, you can report anything, except gas prices.

Problem description (3.8.1.0, Samsung Galaxy S2):
- Report - Anything but gas prices - works ok with no problems
- Automatic pop-up window "Looks you are on gas station - update prices" - works ok
- Report - GAS prices - mostly you get the error "No GPS found"

It is really annoing!!! PLEASE FIX IT!

P.S. since you have no "Report application bug" or "Write to developer" option - i write it there in topic.
lv_guard
Send a message

Post by maantje76
There are indeed problems. I also received these kind of messages last week. I did even received even messages 'Your still a babywazer. You can't update prices'
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356361642.402372.jpg
(66.09 KiB) Downloaded 2439 times
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356361846.429874.jpg
(69.99 KiB) Downloaded 2434 times
I will re-bump my previous support request with these problems...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
4 types is allready hard to update. A fifth is almost impossible without a stop at each gasstation. So a few fueltypes will be skipped. With the current 4 fueltypes, in the Netherlands 2 are ignored regulaly.

With other words, without an external feed for prices, it will not be very accurate I think.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by MagicOfLA
Same here.
None of the 10 petrol stations on my way to work worked.
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by mapcat
jasonh300 wrote:Welcome back, Dror!
+1!
jasonh300 wrote:This doesn't seem to be happening, at least not around here.
Most update daily around me, but I've also seen some that report last being updated 2 or 3 days ago. I also suspect that some of my updated prices have been changed back. Pretty sure I posted $3.89 at a station after a big jump, and saw it showing $3.69 by "3rd party" in the client later when I passed it again (still $3.89).
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
deeggo wrote:I would like to propose a smaller number of points for just confirming prices already put in. I fear people will just confirm prices of every station they pass, for gaining points.
That's not fair to the person who pulls into the station to add prices, and then sees that someone else got them first.

They're only worth 8 points anyway. Hardly an incentive to cheat.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
If most of the stations in your country sell E85, then maybe you can campaign to get it added. Fuel types were requested when they were first rolling out this feature, and they wanted to limit it to what most stations sold.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
You don't get points for reporting nonexistent cameras, only for confirming or deleting them, which the people reporting them never do. And chit chats haven't earned points for over a year.

Hitting "Yes" to confirm that the prices are correct is easier than typing in four prices, but not so much easier that doing it is only worth a fraction of the points awarded to the first person to report the prices.

Here's what I meant regarding fairness: You and I drive the same route, and you stop at all five gas stations on the way, pause next to the pumps to get every price, and post them. You get 40 points. I come along 30 minutes or three hours later, and do exactly the same thing, except I hit Yes each time after confirming that every price you entered was correct, but I get less than 40 points. Why should I earn less than you did? I did the same amount of work--and the prices are now fresher--so I should get just as much as you did. 40 points might not seem like a lot to either of us now, but if I'm relatively new and 40 points away from the next level, and still waiting at the end of the day, that's disappointing.

And in case anyone thinks I'm arguing so that I can keep earning points for confirming other people's prices, I don't report gas prices unless I'm testing the feature in the beta, so the number of points awarded for any form of gas price reporting is meaningless to me. But fairness means something.
mapcat
Send a message