Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Munching bug?

Post by Stormer
I don't know if it's supposed to work like this, but when I'm munching road, next segment is munched automatically before I drive it... So I munch every second segment of road (and get half of points according to client info)... Is it bug or does it work like this? (Android latest version)
Stormer

POSTER_ID:8607

Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Maybe you have bad GPS coverage? If Waze thinks you are not on that piece of road because your GPS is 'off-track' and puts you on another part of the map, it thinks you are not driving thát road, so no munching (not sure, but just a guess). Sometimes here in the Netherlands I have a lot of trees over the road and the GPS puts me on a different part of the road. When the trees are gone, I snap back to the right track.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Stormer wrote:i said that road is automatickly colored as munched before I reach it... one segment ahead of current segment I drive.. another post about something else ;P
Could still be a problem with your GPS fix, since you said that also your reports are put on the wrong part of the road.
Is it always the second segment that is skipped? You could check in the Cartouche version of the map if there is something with that road. Sometimes when people (including myself) edit roads in Cartouche, the strangest things happen and roads zig-zag back and forth. On the client it looks like one straight road, but in Cartouche you can see that the road looks strange.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by hillreflects
I have similar problems when I am driving a neighborhood and it puts the icon on a parallel street. I also have issues where there are dots to munch but my icon never changes over to the car-pac-man icon. Can we only munch so many dots in a day?
hillreflects
Send a message

Post by karee
HillReflects wrote:I have similar problems when I am driving a neighborhood and it puts the icon on a parallel street. I also have issues where there are dots to munch but my icon never changes over to the car-pac-man icon. Can we only munch so many dots in a day?
This just happened to me! I didn't get credit for about 5 blocks of dots/cookies! ggrrrrr! Don't they know how expensive gas is? haha! Oh well, I guess I'll back track that section tomorrow.
karee
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Munching is based off your real gps location. But the car icon is located based on snap to map routines. So there can be differences between the two. The server works this out in the end, as it is the real points keeper.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by Stormer
no.. sorry for my poor english.. you didnt understand it right.. when is road split to 3 1km segments and i'm munching firsts 1km segment, before i reach second segment it is colored as munched already. i must drive to 3rd segment to munch again

and i realized that something wrong is with traffic report too.. my traffic reports are nearly all the time reported on next segment that i'm on, so it's useless..
Stormer
Send a message

Post by Stormer
BrutusNL wrote:Maybe you have bad GPS coverage? If Waze thinks you are not on that piece of road because your GPS is 'off-track' and puts you on another part of the map, it thinks you are not driving thát road, so no munching (not sure, but just a guess). Sometimes here in the Netherlands I have a lot of trees over the road and the GPS puts me on a different part of the road. When the trees are gone, I snap back to the right track.
i said that road is automatickly colored as munched before I reach it... one segment ahead of current segment I drive.. another post about something else ;P
Stormer
Send a message

Post by Stormer
all roads are created and edited by me.. so no problem in cartouche.. trust me.. it's client problem... it's not every second but often... and sometimes it let me munch 1 point from segment and then colors rest of segment as munched without points gain ;P but i don't care.. if it was up to me I disabled road munching at all ;P
Stormer
Send a message