These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS v3.2.2.0 official feedback thread

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
What's New in Version 3.2.2

Fixes bug in rerouting after driving off route
Waze now supports Pioneer AppRadio and Advanced App Mode-enabled products

Fixes posted as part of prior beta version
Price update in Brazil.
Enter price without using decimal point.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
crazycaveman wrote:I noticed that the voice commands (ASR) doesn't prompt for confirmation before submitting a report, which does occur on Android. Is this the way it is supposed to work, or should it confirm before sending the report? I was using an original iPad on iOS 5.1.1.
It depends on the speech recognition engine's reliability factor. If it feels the voice pattern it recognizes matches the patterns it looks for within a certain accuracy level, there will be no confirmation. It has been this way for quite some time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
crazycaveman wrote:I was not aware of this. I always get asked to confirm on Android (and never had a misheard command), but on my iPad, I asked it to shutdown and instead it thought I reported police. :lol: That's why I figured I'd ask...
Interesting that the versions behave differently. I thought the same software was being used in both... Sometimes I'd rather the iOS one did ask for verification more often as it has posted something completely not what I intended too. It's good you brought this up as perhaps there is a settings difference coded in the two OS versions? Perlin? :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Bug: When a route is resumed after exiting Waze, upon arriving at the destination, Waze does not announce the POI or favorite name as it normally does for an uninterrupted route.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Bug: (As the passenger). Requires that you have not previously received the "Passenger, Ok" warning dialog about typing while driving.

At a stop, report gas prices. Select a station. Tap No. Car starts moving. Try to enter a price and the following will pop up:
IMG_2070.PNG
(52.49 KiB) Downloaded 2998 times
It is impossible to enter gas prices because the "Passenger, Ok" dialog defaults and times out on Ok. The only way to get out of this is to hit back and re-select the station again. However, you could already be too far away from the station and the price update is lost.

Recommended fix: the "Passenger, Ok" dialog should first dismiss the keyboard if it is on-screen.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
In general, requesting alternate routes is buggy and does not work reliably when you have a Stop Point in place. Most often, after an alternate route is selected, the pink line disappears even though the stop point still appears to be active. However, bringing up the route info shows the default "1min .1mi" display which never changes, and Waze is actually, at this time, routing to your final destination and not the stop point.
IMG_2069.PNG
(61.48 KiB) Downloaded 2990 times
The only way around this is to cancel the stop point, do your alternate route selection again, then add the stop point again. Very inefficient.

It is still unclear, when you do an alternate routes request when a stop point is active, which portion of the route is supposed to be affected: from start to stop point, or stop point to destination?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
invented wrote:I'm finding that when I'm driving along my route, there will be random gaps missing in the route. When I approach a gap, it goes to recalculate.
Unclear if this is a client issue. I posted this to the NA map tiles thread in the Map forum as I think it's a map thing not an app thing?

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze categorically does not fully cache route tiles when on wifi. I've experienced this many times and captured more info about it today.

--
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
But there are other bugs which crop up with autozoom off like if you aren't moving and bring up alt routes, go back without selecting a route. Waze transports you to coordinates 0,0 until you move again. I think that bug still exists...

--
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:But there are other bugs which crop up with autozoom off like if you aren't moving and bring up alt routes, go back without selecting a route. Waze transports you to coordinates 0,0 until you move again. I think that bug still exists...
Does this only happen in 3D mode? I've never gotten this to happen, but I keep mine in 2D mode.
This bug looks to be fixed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message