These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by malip2
Thx, but why can Google Maps know almost my position?

And when I kill waze, start Maps, then waze uses what maps located?

I thought no it can be improved

Regards Markus
malip2
Send a message

Post by malip2
It is really good reproducable. When I kill waze and then let Google Maps shown me my actual position then start waze again then waze calculates from where I am.
Can you open a bug please?
malip2
Send a message

Post by marcelodspbr
HubertLelong wrote:Hello.
I have a Wiko rainbow with Kitkat (4.4.2). Waze is installed with automatic update, and is no more working (4.30.0.1)
It freezes when starting. If i am lucky, I can still quit with an OS message "waze not responding". But very often I have to reboot.
I tried to uninstall, and reinstall, now I have the white starting screen with the black window "Initializing, please wait…" (and frozen).

I went back to 4.29.0.0 that I had on a backup. Waze itself works, if I start it directly and ask for a search. If I start it from my calendar, it freezes again.
I went back to 4.28.0.1. Now everything is fine. I can look at my calendar and click on a rendez-vous to get the travel.

It is not a problem of memory, as CClear says that I have almost 200 meg free in the internal card.
Then I don't know what the problem is, I won't update waze for the time being.

If you have an idea, I'm interested !
Hello,
I have exactly same problem! :cry:
I have a Head Unit (Winca S160, Android 4.4.4) in my car and only work fine the Waze v4.28.01, versions 4.29+ freeze and no longer work.
Has anyone solved this problem?
Thanks!
marcelodspbr
Send a message

Post by marcelodspbr
I have a Wiko rainbow with Kitkat (4.4.2). Waze is installed with automatic update, and is no more working (4.30.0.1)
It freezes when starting. If i am lucky, I can still quit with an OS message "waze not responding". But very often I have to reboot.
I tried to uninstall, and reinstall, now I have the white starting screen with the black window "Initializing, please wait…" (and frozen).

I went back to 4.29.0.0 that I had on a backup. Waze itself works, if I start it directly and ask for a search. If I start it from my calendar, it freezes again.
I went back to 4.28.0.1. Now everything is fine. I can look at my calendar and click on a rendez-vous to get the travel.

It is not a problem of memory, as CClear says that I have almost 200 meg free in the internal card.

Problem fixed in v4.31, now is working fine!
marcelodspbr
Send a message

Post by MrNoisy996
I had an issue today where on my journey I reported one road closure (fallen branch). There was then a subsequent closure elsewhere, but when I tried to report it, the location map reverted to that of the first closure, so it *looks* as though there is only the capability to report one closure (per journey?) Latest version of Android app, HTC M9.
MrNoisy996
Send a message

MrNoisy996
Send a message

Post by MrNoisy996
Can't post multiple Road closures easily: had an issue today where on my journey I reported one road closure (fallen branch). There was then a subsequent closure elsewhere, but when I tried to report it, the location map reverted to that of the first closure. Apparently scroll to current location works, but this is a bug if it does not recentre to GPS. Latest version of Android app, HTC M9.
MrNoisy996
Send a message

Post by puki_247

Hello,

I double to this. Exactly the same behavior on Galaxy S4 mini (4.4.2).
After your advice I downgraded to 4.28.0.1 and it works again.

You saved my phone, I was ready to throw it against the wall :evil:
puki_247
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Not sure the problem, but I get the category buttons on 4.30.0.1. Maybe clear the app cache and maybe the app data and reinstall?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
deankgibson wrote:Before I registered w/ the Waze app, I was able to set a picture of me. When I registered, I lost my picture (& history). Now, I can go through the process and select & crop an image, and it appears in the settings, but when I press the "X", I get the "Are you sure? Change your details" dialog box. I press "yes". Alas, no image is then shown.

I have done the above process over a dozen times, with the same result. I suppose that meets the definition of insanity. Even if I am insane, I would still like to know what I am doing wrong. or if this is a BUG.
I tried this and had the same result, no matter how many times I tried, it never showed my new profile picture. However, today it now shows the profile picture I tried to add yesterday, so for whatever reason, it took over a day for it to appear. Did you get yours to appear?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator