These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kumiankka
Mvan231 wrote:Waze has a setting for "Prevent auto-lock", you could turn that off to avoid the burn-in you are seeing. Not sure what else the app itself could do to avoid it due to certain items never moving
Waze already has a power-saver feature that dims the screen automatically but the way it's implemented makes it useless in city driving.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by LKopyMA
I noticed today that I have Waze screen burn on my Galaxy S7. Who knows how long it's been there. I used commute 1hr each way every day so it was on my screen a lot. The orange report button is the most prominent, but if I look closely I can see the time and even the little navigation arrow. I hope they can fix this in a future update, or I'll have to leave Waze & start using google maps instead once I get a new phone.
LKopyMA
Send a message

Post by Mahennemaha_
TheDonger7 wrote:This is not a Waze issue, it's an OLED manufacturing issue. How can you blame the developers for what is an inherently flawed OLED technology? It is the plasma days all over again, just not quite as bad. But it exist.
Yeah, it happens with all Apps.
On my GS6 i have the inverted burn-in, the notification bar is brighter, because most of the time its black.
Mahennemaha_
Send a message

Post by mikeerage
I always use night mode for this very reason. But with 4.x night mode is nearly useless and the map is still only gray, not black so it is very bright on my screen. Why would anybody make a night color scheme with background lighter than the roads?
mikeerage
Send a message

Post by Mvan231
Waze has a setting for "Prevent auto-lock", you could turn that off to avoid the burn-in you are seeing. Not sure what else the app itself could do to avoid it due to certain items never moving
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by Mvan231
kumiankka wrote:
Mvan231 wrote:Waze has a setting for "Prevent auto-lock", you could turn that off to avoid the burn-in you are seeing. Not sure what else the app itself could do to avoid it due to certain items never moving
Waze already has a power-saver feature that dims the screen automatically but the way it's implemented makes it useless in city driving.
Must be an Android app version feature? I don't have a similar option on iPhone
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by PurseAholic
I have Waze burn in on my Note8. I am a heavy user - scoreboard rank is below 5000. I will immediately change my brightness settings while exploring other apps.
PurseAholic
Send a message

Post by PurseAholic
If the software let us manually move the alert button and speedometer, that would help. I understand the Always On screen content subtlety moves automatically to prevent burn-in.
PurseAholic
Send a message

Post by reddog83
Yup. I have screen burnin on my Galaxy S8+
The word "miles" on top of the screen shows on all my screens with blurred numbers in the miles since its always changing. The orange chat bubble circle in the lower right corner for road hazards/alerts is also burned in for all screens. I commute about an hour each way every day. I've had my phone since Spring 2017 and use Waze religiously when driving.
reddog83
Send a message

Post by rEEzA78
This is a legitimate concern. I’ve just purchased an iPhone X, and it does worry me using Waze for long periods of time.

I really hope the Waze developers are actively looking at this, I would hate for people to move away from Waze because of it. Waze is only useful with many users.
rEEzA78
Send a message