These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jellydroid
I have burn in from the report icon... it's a shame because i love the app, i'm afraid to use it if i get a newer phone
jellydroid
Send a message

Post by jm6087
VprX wrote:S7 with severe screen burn.
Waze Team, you must try to address this if you want people to continue to use the app.
Waze Team does not actively monitor these forums. You can report https://support.google.com/waze/#topic=6273402
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jodester16
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, which I've had for about 3.5 years. I have burn-in from Waze on my screen - I can see ghost images for the line for the road in the middle, the shadow circle of where my "car" is, the magnifying glass on the lower left corner, the bar at the bottom with the time and the words "min" and "mi", the word "miles" at the top of the screen, the circles for MPH and the orange circle you press to send a report. It's especially noticeable on a light-colored display like the Google search page or Gmail. I would use Waze every weekday to and from work, which was for about 40 minutes each way on average. Of course, there would be isolated incidents when I would have Waze on for longer trips, like for a two-hour trip upstate. I forget exactly when I first noticed the burn-in, but it was at least a year ago. I was surprised, since I wouldn't have thought the relatively brief amount of time I have Waze on would have caused this. My husband has a Galaxy S8+ which he got at the same time as mine, and oddly, while he also has Waze Burn, it's not quite as bad as mine - and he uses Waze MUCH more than I do.
jodester16
Send a message
Attachments

Post by jr1982jr
I saw both iPhones and Androids w/ the red Verizon burned into the screen when I was looking at phone several months ago. My commute is over an hour each way, each day and I have not seen any signs of the Waze screen burned in, but I'm an Android customer.
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by KejPi
After about 15 months using Waze on Galaxy S8 I have very visible burn-in's :-( I have bought iPhone X recently and IU am very afraid of the same problem. On top of that Battery saver feature does not seem to be present on iOS application that is a serious drawback :-(
KejPi
Send a message

Post by KejPi
Mvan231 wrote: Must be an Android app version feature? I don't have a similar option on iPhone
Yes, it is Android feature. Waze says you should use iOS build-in batter saver feature but this does not seem to dim screen while charging thus it will not prevent from burn-in :-(
KejPi
Send a message

Post by kelemvor33
I have the giant orange button burned into the screen on my GS7. The problem is simply that the orange button has a WHITE border. That border is what shows as burn in on the screen. If they simply removed the border, or made it black, or something like that, the burn in problems would be greatly reduced.

The other spots I have burn in are from having the Speedometer set to always show and I have a line across the bottom where the map transitions into the button bar at the bottom.

I'm getting a new phone in a few months and if I continue my line of Galaxy S phones, I may have to say good bye to Waze. Such a shame that a simple development fix just goes ignored after all this time.
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kelemvor33
I haven't seen any confirmation in these forums or the Beta forums that Waze is doing anything at all to try to prevent the Burn In that more and more people are experiencing.
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kelemvor33
Oh, and Waze has a Battery Saver mode specifically to dim the screen except when near a turn or a destination. But then they F'd it up and made it only active when your phone is below 25% battery unless you manually turn the setting on every time you open the app. Everyone complained about it when they changed it but Waze Devs plugged their ears and made "Nah Nah Nah" noises and went about their business ignoring the complaints.
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kelemvor33
I'll be getting a GS9 when they come out. I might be leaving the Waze community at that time. The product is great but the complete ignorance and lack of response from the developers on what is an obvious flaw in the Waze design is just stupid.

A problem like this can be fixed so incredibly easily by just changing the color scheme slightly or enabling the Battery Saver thing but yet they just don't seem to care.
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message