These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dhudini
I am with the same issue. Did you found any explanation for that.
dhudini
Send a message

Post by DoubleTrouble16
My Samsung Galaxy S7 suffered burned screen also. Issue is on the lower end in the right corner exactly where orange circle on Waze GPS is to report road hazards etc. This should be addressed asap or I am done using Waze on my new phone that arrived today.
DoubleTrouble16
Send a message

Post by EndruBoyOne
Hello!
As a (not Waze) developer I can suggest multiple implementation possibilities with increasing effort:
  1. Create a notification on that points in the code when the voice alerts for an incoming turn (similar to what Google Maps does), and set a custom icon to that notification with an arrow pointing as a turn. If the phone is set up to show notifications as they come on always-on display, this is a solution that is also align with Android recommendations. This should have minimal effort if the code base is not a mess.
  2. Create a new map color layout, similar to night mode, but with more full black colors and even narrower white lines, name this as AMOLED layout. This could mean more effort, especially on testing side
  3. Create a simplified map view which could be basically a magnified version of the current upper left corner with the next turn direction and distance and don't show the map at all (only maybe if the user touches the screen). This could be also a minimal effort but it is strongly dependent of the current code base.
I myself truly miss one of these options, as I'm also a little bit afraid of burn-in, but more afraid of overheating in the Summer and unnecessary battery drain as I use Waze mostly on the same route just to show traffic and events and maybe consider alternatives, so I don't need to constantly see the full map view.
EndruBoyOne
Send a message

Post by evgygor
Same issue with Samsung Galaxy S7. Burned screen.
Guys, what the problem to add color themes to waze to save amoled screens, or option to hide static elements from screen after some timeout upon new tap event
evgygor
Send a message

Post by feenix3
+1

My last few phones have all been burned in with waze screen elements.

Waze please pixel shift the image every few minutes or something to at least mitigate the effect.

Thank you
feenix3
Send a message

Post by Fifth313ment
TripleFun92 wrote:I'm experiencing Burn-in with my Samsung S8 Plus.
I will provide screenshots soon.
The entire lower section of the UI is "Burned In"
It's very apparent when the screen turns white.
Yup, the same issue on both my wife's s8 plus and my own. This plus missing friends, point system/thanks basically gone, no new voices, horrid GUI and no new features for years, except battery saver which never works for me. This app causes serious burnin, stay away!
Fifth313ment
Send a message

Post by fx2k1
I have had burn in issues with my OLED based Galaxy S6, S7 and Note8. I attempted to shut the screen off at 15 minute intervals for a minute or so to attempt to avoid it but my Note8 eventually experienced it as well. My commute is usually 45mins - 1 HR each way
fx2k1
Send a message

Post by georgenqueiroz
kumiankka wrote:
Mvan231 wrote:Waze has a setting for "Prevent auto-lock", you could turn that off to avoid the burn-in you are seeing. Not sure what else the app itself could do to avoid it due to certain items never moving
Waze already has a power-saver feature that dims the screen automatically but the way it's implemented makes it useless in city driving.
Usually I set brightness to 50% and I've never experienced burn-in issues. Some people may not like to do it, but I found it's a effective way to prevent such issues.
georgenqueiroz
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
George Queiroz

Post by gkovacsp
Same with my S7 after about a year.
gkovacsp
Send a message

Post by ihateawesome
Yes on a fairly new Samsung Galaxy S8+.
Very disappointing to see, I would hate to revert back to my garmin which I might have to do and run Waze with the screen turned off.
ihateawesome
Send a message