These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by BTStar
s2000typeS wrote:Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my post, I use the mic button in the search bar normally, which uses Googles voice pickup feature (available on all apps), and it works fine.

Since the new "OK, Waze" thing doesn't search properly, I'd just like to turn it off (which I can), but not have it launch the annoying new red screen when I use the old voice search method. I don't need the 3 finger tap.
Oh, I agree that this is annoying and it happens for me too.

What I have to do is to click on search (rather than the mic) to bring up the keyboard then long press on the space bar to bring up Google voice typing. I found this method worked yesterday, but a couple of times it wouldn't recognise my voice, when the same method clearly works in other apps such as Whatsapp, texting, Chrome etc. Strange hey? :?
BTStar
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by CarlosGoliath
Polipetto58 wrote:Under Settings, Navigation, cannot find the old option to choose either fastest or shortest route
I confirm this bug. Had to downgrade to 4.33.0.0 to change back to fastest route and then updated again to 4.33.0.1. Even though the option is still nowhere to be found (in the most recent version), Waze gives me the fastest route
CarlosGoliath
Send a message

Post by DamienBrust
I don’t know if the problem comes from the application or from the servers... I have no move recorded anymore since december 5th, thus I cannot edit the map for missing informations (speed, directions, etc.)
DamienBrust
Send a message

Post by escargotiskuhol
Why was the Shortest or Fastest Route removed in this version?

Why is it still present in the IOS version?

Will this be returned in succeeding version?
escargotiskuhol
Send a message

Post by FerrariMarco
Hi all,
I am using Waze (4.33.0.1) on Android 7.1.2 (Lineage OS).

As soon as I start a freshly installed (from Play Store) Waze instance, after the initialization, the app uses more than 3GB of space.

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
FerrariMarco
Send a message

Post by gabim25
In "talk to waze" I also have the option "3 fingers tap".
Does it work for anyone?
It doesn't work for me...

I didn't try "Ok waze". I'll try it later on today.
gabim25
Send a message

Post by gabim25
BTStar wrote:
gabim25 wrote:In "talk to waze" I also have the option "3 fingers tap".
Does it work for anyone?
It doesn't work for me...

I didn't try "Ok waze". I'll try it later on today.
I haven't tried Ok Waze but have used 3 finger tap successfully in v4.32. I tried it yesterday in this version and it was okay for navigating to places but I found it difficult reporting "report moderate traffic jam etc." :(

BTW, an update on the lag issues, it seems to be alright after the drive home, but still feel it's slightly slower than v4.32 :)
Somehow both the options doesn't work on my device.
Note 4 with 6.0.1.

When "ok waze" is enabled, I can't even search using my voice (when pressing the mic).
It always says that there is no network.
If I disable ok waze, search works ok.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
gabim25
Send a message

Post by hacksoncode
Two problems with this version:

1) Whoever decided that white direction arrows on a white background was a good idea needs serious training in user interface design. This makes it almost impossible to follow a route with a quick glance, as it breaks up an intersection into visual segments that the user has to connect themselves.

2) Super laggy startup. Sometimes nearly hangs the entire interface and even causes my phone to return to the lock screen. The ui should be available and responsive immediately on start, even if the map hasn't been loaded yet. It's ok if it takes some time to return search results during startup. It's not ok if it's so laggy that you can't even enter a search without waiting for 30 seconds. Also, the lag causes accidental presses on UI buttons that go to unintended screens.
hacksoncode
Send a message

Post by impulse200
Sometimes it's worth to flip "shortest/quckest" route type switch back and forth. And see if it helps.
impulse200
Send a message

Post by JaFiNinja
Last 3-4 months I noticed routing problems, including current 4.33 version
1. In case of jam the time spend in queue isn't calculated into target time. Regularly target time is shorter of queue time.
2. Selected route. Last version 4.33 doesn't route me using the optimal route. Offered route (about 55km in total) is about 5km longer and 5 minutes longer (via city center), instead of route used in the past. No I didn't use this route so it can't be used as "favourite". When I ignore offered route and use route I am using few years already, the target time and distance both are shortened after route update.
JaFiNinja
Send a message