These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by tbguy21
The Map Delay (car position at lanes) is still present in v.4.33 (several missed turns). Even when car stop the gps position keeps moving at the map (because of the delay).

What´s wrong with Waze ? The delay is really bad.

Thanks in advance (IPhone 6 - IOS 10.2).
tbguy21
Send a message

Post by ToNeG79
I loved waze app but the scaling is still off on the iPhone X. Not sure if dev team even reads these posts but it is pretty much unusable on iPhone X. I am constantly missing turns. I will be at the intersection and my arrow on map is not even on the white section that highlights prior to a turn. I hope they are able to make this application compatible with iPhone X
ToNeG79
Send a message

Post by usa_tmvulgir
I too live in LA and i dont have the HOV option very annoying was really looking forward to it
usa_tmvulgir
Send a message

Post by vince1612
smegtrek wrote:Auto Zoom is not working correctly in the latest release. iPhone 6.0 when I am driving it zooms fully in only zooming out slightly when I approach a turn. This makes seeing hazards or speed traps ahead of me impossible. :evil:

I see others having this issue too, Please fix in next release.
The bug has been reported to staff
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
joelc33 wrote:
RussPA wrote:
dgreensp wrote:I live in Toronto and I don't have the Add Toll/HOV pass option under Settings > Navigation. What is happening?
The feature is not completely rolled out yet, it should all be sorted out soon.
Then why put it in the release notes and announce that it's available? :roll:
Because it is available, some will just get it sooner than others, that's how Waze functions when they release certain new features which aren't only app-update-based but also need their servers to sync and distribute the change to everyone, it takes time to deploy it to 90+ million users.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vituja
I am a long time wazer and love the app. Recently I updated to 4.33 on my IOS 11.2 device (iphone7).

Since upgrading I noticed that

1. Bluetooth sets to the phone speaker after saying "OK Waze". I have to switch out of the app and then back into get bluetooth to work. I play music from Amazon music in the background while having waze in the foreground

2. When waze speaks to warn of a turn ahead or any road hazard, it no longer lowers background music that is playing. Instead you can barely hear waze talking under what ever music is playing.

3) For IOS I suggest instead of activating the voice command with "OK Waze", why not use "Hey Waze" like the way Siri is activated?
vituja
Send a message

Post by warshooter
Still have gps delay in this version. It's really annoying, keep missing turns.

iOS 11.1.2
warshooter
Send a message

Post by waz3rdr1v3r
skowalski wrote:When I have “OK Waze” enabled, background audio will cut out for half a second when I toggle between Waze and other apps. This affects Spotify and Podcasts. Turning off “OK Waze” solves the problem. This is on an iPhone X with iOS 11.2.
Me, too! SO annoying.
iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 10.2
waz3rdr1v3r
Send a message

Post by WazinBruce
iateadoughnut wrote:Why is the car on the right side of the screen in landscape mode? It's practically useless unless you lock it into always north and go west the whole time. It was like this on my 6S and now my iPhone X as well. Also it would be nice if the road name was closer to your icon so you can see what road you are on in some of the more rural areas with no street signs. But still, why would anyone think it's a good idea to put the car icon off center of the map, taking away valuable information from the right side of the device?

Why?
I agree and have been wondering that myself. I think it has to do with support for Spotify UI when connected to Spotify, but it is a waste of precious screen real estate I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WazinBruce
Send a message
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers

Post by Xerxes480
When I run music/audiobooks through CarPlay, and I have Waze running and in focus on my phone, the sound I'm hearing through the car is muffled and distorted. When I minimize Waze (go to home screen or any other app) the sound comes through clear. I run CarPlay connected to my car via a lightning cable. I've changed no settings within Waze recently.

Yes, I know CarPlay does not support Waze (or the reverse). But this use to work fine: Playing content through CarPlay but having Waze up and running on the phone. This problem started within the last week or two.

I'm running the latest versions of iOS and Waze. I'm running CarPlay in an '18 Porsche Macan.
Xerxes480
Send a message