These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.34

Post by
App Store release notes wrote:What's New in Version 4.34
Happy holidays! Check out what’s new in this version:
- Waze now supports Weblink in-car entertainment system. Just plug in your phone & go.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.33

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message

Post by alvarochasseloup
I have a cradle/charger for my iPhone running latest ios in my car and since the last update have not been able to ise Waze at all!

All I get is a black screen that says "disconnect". Please help!
alvarochasseloup
Send a message

Post by Ankh-Morpork
For me, Waze suddenly doesn’t “duck” the music anymore when giving instructions. This makes hearing the instructions really difficult.
Latest waze, latest iOS, iPhone 7. I noticed it first yesterday, tried again today and same thing. Restarted phone didn’t help, different order of connecting to the car and starting waze didn’t help either. In case it matters, voice used is Kate UK and audio setting is device default.
Ankh-Morpork
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites.
https://image.ibb.co/eooB87/Map_Raid_Russia.png

Post by Axelq2
I am running release 4.34.1.0 but I am having issues with all the versions I had. I don't know if this problem has been discussed here already but I give it a try.

I drive twice a month Netherlands - Belgium - Germany - Luxembourg and back. I have a unlimited internet and calls contract with my telecom provider. There is no problem with the internet connection in all of these countries, also not when crossing the border. However if I start a phone call and hang up, it shows in red that there is no internet connection, while my phone clearly has internet (upload and download 4G). This happened not all the time but let say 50% of the time and I have to reset Waze to get my internet connection back on Waze it self.

I hope somebody has a solution for this. Thanks.
Axelq2
Send a message

Post by Axelq2
rdebruijn wrote:Hi all,

Since a few months I'm having some issues using Waze (for the first time in several years). When using Waze the following happens from time to time:
  • GPS connection is lost, Waze stops showing progress on the route;
  • Cellular connection is lost and the phone shows "no network".
At first I thought this was just a temporary issue, but as it happened more and more, I've starting digging into this (e.g. soft resetting my phone, checking connection in other apps, etc). At this point it seems it only applies to the usage of Waze, because when it happens, I force close Waze and cellular connection and GPS are back on track right away. When relaunching Waze the route is continued and all works well. To me it seems as the chips within the phone are temporarily being flooded.

Anyone else has seen this issue?

Phone used: iPhone 6s on iOS 11.2.5
Waze 4.34.1
I have exactly the same issue. Since a few days it has problems with finding GPS, however after 5 minutes driving and missing an exit it starts working normal again. The 'no network' issue happens only after a call. I noticed when calling my 4G connection downgrades to 3G and after I hang up the phone it becomes 4G again. Maybe it has to do something with changing frequency bands?

Hope we can find a solution to this.
Axelq2
Send a message

Post by brnnnfxxx
Hi all, I've encountered a defect in the latest version. Is this known?

What is it? The text in the greeting bar does not change after switching the General Language on iOS 11.2.1

How to reproduce
In the below scenario I switched from English -> French
1. From main view, tap magnifying icon to expand side panel
2. Tap your profile > Go to settings > General (under Advanced settings) > Language > select a language > select "OK" when prompted

The issue can be seen at the bottom of your screen beside the magnifying icon where the text is still displayed in English, while the rest of the app is in French. The issue is reproducible switching from French back to English (see the result of this scenario in the screenshot below).

https://n7equq.by3301.livefilestore.com ... pmode=none
brnnnfxxx
Send a message

Post by brnnnfxxx
Also wanted to share a second issue, which is that when a user logs out / back in on the app the General Language is reset to English (default) after having set it to another language in my Advanced settings

I'm guessing a lot of people don't log out / log back in, but users will encounter this after they change their password.

Is this known?
brnnnfxxx
Send a message

Post by c-pher
DazzR wrote:
Ankh-Morpork wrote:For me, Waze suddenly doesn’t “duck” the music anymore when giving instructions. This makes hearing the instructions really difficult.
Latest waze, latest iOS, iPhone 7. I noticed it first yesterday, tried again today and same thing. Restarted phone didn’t help, different order of connecting to the car and starting waze didn’t help either. In case it matters, voice used is Kate UK and audio setting is device default.
I have exactly the same issue! iPhone X, latest version of iOS and Waze. Same voice and device default as you.

Same, I can't hear the Waze directions 11.2.1 and 4.34 and I hook up my phone via USB. I rent cars almost every week for work...and the last Waze update has killed not only the volume of the directions, but it's also messed up the music in the car. The music is fine until I start up Waze, then it's very tweety, but as soon as I minimize Waze, the music is fine...pull it up to the front and the music is wonky. If it's CarPlay, it's even worse for the soune of the music, and I can't even hear the Waze directions over the music.
c-pher
Send a message

Post by cfeldman05
vince1612 wrote:
lolotechy wrote:Delayed location pointer arrow is still not fixed.... Since the Nov 8 update.
Thanks, I updated staff about this. They haven't made any progress on the bug so far, so no improvement was expected yet.
For a GPS product, the inability to pinpoint location should be the highest priority. Going on three months missing turns...
cfeldman05
Send a message

Post by COBillK
I've also seen Waze crashing of late with the iPhone X.

Several times in the past week 4.34.1 has outright crashed - my iPhone X returns to the home screen and I need to relaunch Waze.

This seems to correlate with when another event occurs, say notification of a received text message - but I can't say that's always been the case.
COBillK
Send a message

Post by conscientiousGuy
I have the same issue. I hope this can be resolved
conscientiousGuy
Send a message