Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Few pothole warnings

Post by mrpnutts
Hi all.

I assume many others besides myself submit pothole reports. But it's rare that I receive a pothole warning. I have all the alerts turned on and as I mentioned I receive one every blue moon or so. :)

Is there something else I need to do? I'm puzzled why I'm not notified for pothole reports (including the ones I've submitted.

Thank you!
mrpnutts

POSTER_ID:17422256

Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Do you actually see reports on the screen which you are not getting reports for are you just not seeing pothole alerts as you would expect to see left by other Wazers? Pothole reports do stay on the map longer than any other hazard but to persist, they must get a 'thumbs up' as RussPA mentioned above.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by mrpnutts
Thank you for the responses. They make sense and are kind of what it "felt like". The lack of others reporting potholes may be the result of new distracted driving laws that practically eliminate the legal usage of mobile devices in my state (which is off topic here). That will finally motivate me to make a feature request for a single tap pothole report from the mail screen, which is even further off-topic here. :)

Edit: Welp, the Waze suggestion box already has multiple simplified hazard reporting suggestions and they aren't getting many votes. 2018 has already started crushing my hopes and dreams... :D
mrpnutts
Send a message

Post by ramblinwreck_81
mrpnutts wrote:Hi all.

I assume many others besides myself submit pothole reports. But it's rare that I receive a pothole warning. I have all the alerts turned on and as I mentioned I receive one every blue moon or so. :)

Is there something else I need to do? I'm puzzled why I'm not notified for pothole reports (including the ones I've submitted.

Thank you!
some of our connected citizen partners monitor just such reports and use it to target where to send the road crews. we have one such partner here in the southeast region of the US. So, there's a chance, at least, your reports are heard and actions to resolve are taken... Never give up hope. ;)
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Reports only last for an amount of time after the last thumbs up to confirm them. If there are no thumbs up, they expire even sooner. After that they disappear from the map. If you go under Settings -> Display & Map -> Details on map and make sure you have the alarms enabled that you want to see, then if you aren't getting any alerts, there may be no active reports in that area.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by vince1612
From personal experience Waze doesn’t give a warning for your own reports when you drive by them again. You only get alerted if the report isn’t yours.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png