Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
cverbil wrote:Many people just click on price update, whether the existing price is right or not, just for the points. After all, Waze is just a game for most people...it's all about the points.
This thread is not about gas prices entered by Waze users.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by BlazeTool
eshabtai wrote:In order to avoid misleading users, the system will turn any grade to N/A if it was not updated/verified in three days. This is obviously wrong as N/A should be used to mark that a grade is missing and we need to find some other way to mark a price as not up to date.
What about a ? to signify it's unknown, or gray the information out to show it's stale but still represent the latest known information.
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by BrianCanFixIT
Same issues here, most gas stations have a single has grade "updated" and all other data is N/A. Some stations are all N/A.
All "3rd party" updates too.
BrianCanFixIT
Send a message
Area Manager: Sacramento & rural California
iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1 JB

Post by CBenson
I noticed a similar occurrence last Thursday for the Shell station at 7111 Crain Hwy, Bowie, MD.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Just went to Crownsville Automotive and it showed premium N/A as updated by third party one day ago. I didn't update this station this week, but it certainly carries premium and the price for premium has been updated by wazers in the past.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cverbil
Many people just click on price update, whether the existing price is right or not, just for the points. After all, Waze is just a game for most people...it's all about the points.

It is so easy to manipulate prices, by entering pretty much anything you want. Waze backend is not intelligent enough to know what is a realistic price, and what is not.

And trust me, even the Waze programmers are not intelligent enough to write an algorithm that makes sense of elastic pricing theory, such that exists in the retail gasoline marketplace.

You are right though, in that the pricing database in Waze is worthless. Hey...guess what...the users get what they pay for!
cverbil
Send a message

Post by DangerDaneDK
N/A usually means not applicable and NOT Not Available, which could be percieved as they don't have the price for those 2 fuelgrades.
DangerDaneDK
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Flemming J., Denmark
Area Manager: Region of Southern Denmark / Region Syddanmark
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F, Android 8.0 Waze: Newest

https://s.waze.tools/s0025.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c3s.png

Post by dmcconachie
On a probably related note, will it be possible for manual updates to exclude grades too? I often want to add/confirm diesel and unleaded but in doing so also confirm the price (or lack of) of super u/l too!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by eshabtai
3rd party updates should not reset a price to N/A. So if you updated some grade with a price and the next day it was reset to N/A due to a 3rd party updates, let us know.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by eshabtai
Missed your recent post about it. Basically any recent example can help, but I think we have enough from what you posted. I'll let you know if we need more info.

Thanks.
eshabtai
Send a message