Re-munching roads

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re-munching roads

Postby BrutusNL » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm

How is it that some of the roads I am driving on (and have munched before) allow me to re-munch them? Some roads I have driven more than once in both directions and this week I noticed that a lot of these roads were 'munchable'.
BrutusNL
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Re-munching roads

Postby BrutusNL » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:40 pm

zzyzxuk wrote:Might be worth checking the 'last edited' date of that road segment to see if someone recently edited/changed/deleted and then re-added it.
Makes sense. Hope the points count :lol:
cobra wrote:In the past, the points showed in the client for this, but the overnight process did not seem to give me points, so they would be lost on the next server update.
That would be a pity, but fair enough. On the other hand...driving on them again verifies the changes made. Than again...that would give a huge opportunity to fraud your point...drive the road, edit it, drive it again, edit it again...
BrutusNL
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby cobra » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Roads I don't drive for about 2 weeks seem to become re-munchable in the client. In the past, the points showed in the client for this, but the overnight process did not seem to give me points, so they would be lost on the next server update.
cobra

Postby zzyzxuk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Might be worth checking the 'last edited' date of that road segment to see if someone recently edited/changed/deleted and then re-added it.
zzyzxuk

Return to Waze App